On Top of the World

Tiffany tossed in bed, wanting to sleep some more but looking at her watch, it was already a quarter before 7

Tiffany tossed in bed, wanting to sleep some more but looking at her watch, it was already a quarter before 7. If they hoped to hike at Ojstrica, they needed to get there as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the remnants of the previous night were killing her head. But, the way Chris held her and his words were stressing her heart. She knew pretty well the kind of friendship they had and the physical connection the relationship usually entailed.

But last night, it was different. There was something in the way he held her in his arms. The caress in her face, the almost kiss. She shrugged off the feeling, not wanting to entertain the idea that he might be feeling something more for her.

Tiffany convinced herself it was just the alcohol and perhaps a pent-up feeling caused by 3 years of not being able to bond with a close friend. She heard a knock on the frosted glass door and with that, she let the unsettling feeling be driven off from her mind and heart.

"Tiff, you decent?" Chris assumed she was already awake and threw an instant banter.

"Always," Tiffany's voice muffled by the pillow she had covered in her face.

He entered the room and immediately settled his bum on the edge of the bed beside her. "Are you still up for the hike?" He inquired pulling the pillow from her face.

Tiffany, then, hid under the sheets. "Of course."

Tiffany could feel the mattress sink beside her. Just then, she felt his hand shift her blanket downwards to reveal her face. "Then get your butt out of bed."

She groaned. "5 minutes, Evans."

"Sleepyhead," Chris taunted.

"I blame you and your freakin' drinking game," she complained, burying her face on the pillow.

Since her back was facing him, he rubbed his palm across the length of it, the warmth of his hand coursing through her silk nightgown. "C'mon. I prepped breakfast. There's fresh OJ for your hangover."

She turned to him, causing loose hair strands to cover her face. She whined, "You always make breakfast. I might get used to it."

Chris brushed off the strands of hair and pulled her close, she, wrapping herself under the blanket. "One, it's the only meal I know how to prep... Two, I can make you brekky everyday for the rest of your life... or my life "

Tiffany giggled, tapping his chest. "That's not possible. I'm sure you'll get back to your Hollywood life pretty soon."

"I could always prep and then let the universe know it's for you then eat it on your behalf," he said in between chuckles. "C'mon, the scenery's waiting for our awesomeness." He took her arm and pulled her out of the sheets.