Mistletoe And Snow

Tiffany stared at her reflection in the mirror. She never wore anything like this teal gown before. She skipped prom altogether so, apart from her wedding, this would be the only time she gets to wear a dress like this.

It was a teal off-shoulder mermaid gown. The horizontal cut on the upper part was modest enough to hide her cleavage. Only her broad shoulders and pronounced collarbone were revealed.

The ruffled sleeves covered the rest of her arms, from about three inches below her shoulders to her elbows. The gown had a slit that cuts up to the middle of her right thing. She wasn't feeling too confident since she was never used to wearing anything remotely sexy.

"Tiff, ready?" Chris knocked on the door.

"Come in. Need a little help."

When he entered, Tiffany shifted her head to the side and gave him a tentative smile.

"At your service," he remarked grinning. His heartbeat so erratic upon seeing her, he had to heave a huge sigh.

She gently shoved her long brown hair, with loose curls, to her left front side, revealing a half zipped up zipper. Chris stopped behind her, unhurriedly fastening her gown. Both their thoughts jolted back to the tension from a while back.

"There you go," he said while he stared at both of their reflections in the mirror. He was thinking how they would make a great couple, walking on the red carpet in his premieres. But that may never happen.

Tiffany then hung a solitaire diamond necklace with a platinum chain on her neck. She struggled to lock it since her hands were shivering.

Chris took it to himself to fasten the necklace after seeing her shake. "Let me."

She let go of the chain, moving her hands to her loose hair. The stone of the neck piece sat enticingly at the deep of her collarbone.

When he was done locking the chain, Chris let his palms travel from her neck down and along the length of her bare shoulders.

Tiffany's insides wouldn't want to be still. As if that wasn't enough, he brushed a kiss against her right shoulder causing her head to tilt to the other side. Unconsciously, her hands clutched the sides of his thighs. "I'm sorry," she apologized as quickly as she realized what she did.

Chris's chuckle was considerate. He continued caressing his palms against her shoulders. "Relax, Tiff. It's just me."

That is exactly the problem. It was him. Her forever friend. There was an invisible boundary between them but everything they had been doing seemed to lead to the crossing of that boundary. In her mind, Tiffany was still debating if she wanted to or not. The consequences it entailed might be devastating for his career.

"So, can we go now?" he asked.

"Just one last." She headed for the silver pair of strappy heels sitting on the dresser chair. She held his hand for balance as she put on the left shoe. Again, she struggled.

From her side, Chris went down on a knee and held the heel for her. When she slipped it in, he clasped the lock closed. He did the same with the other shoe. But this time, he let his fingers linger in her ankle for a bit.

His fondling sent shivers up to her core, making her shut her eyes to regain control over her rapidly melting insides.

Chris didn't want to make her feel anymore tortured but all his actions were operating on impulse by now. He was really just having a hard time restraining his feelings.