FINALE

After Chris's proposal at the church in Bled Island, their families gathered for lunch at the restaurant in the castle, where Nina's and Greg's wedding was supposed to happen. Only it was revealed to Tiffany that it wasn't really her business partner's marriage that would be celebrated but hers and Chris's.

Her head was spinning with all the revelations. It was so difficult for her to keep up. No wonder the main flowers used to decorate the venue were her top two favorites. How Nina kept her in the dark all these months, she could only guess.

The Slovenian millionaire shrieked as she saw the newly engaged couple approach the entrance of the resto. Penny and Dodger were on her either side. "Thank goodness! The secret is finally out!" She rushed to hug her friend.

"You sneaky, sneaky, you!" Tiffany replied but hugged her just the same.

"I'm sorry, Tiff. I was sworn to secrecy. You're one fortunate woman to have someone like him." Nina turned to Chris. "And you, mister, are blessed to have the unconditional devotion of this clueless, clueless woman."

Chris pulled Tiffany close and planted a kiss on her temple. "Don't I know it."

*

The room, where she would prepare for the wedding, was ready. A make-up artist and a hairstylist was waiting for her after she had freshened up and a long garment bag laid nicely on the bed. She still couldn't believe it. She was getting married to the person, who was second to none in this world. Nina was right. She was fortunate.

Her hands were shaking, maybe for the hundredth time today as she unzipped the garment bag. This would be the first time she would see the wedding dress, she had no hand in picking. Anxiety writhed inside her. What if she didn't like the dress?

But as her unzipping revealed the gown that was inside, she could barely contain her emotions. She did have a hand in picking the dress. This was the item she chose when she accompanied Nina to the now fake wedding dress shopping they did a couple months back.

She could remember back then, that while Nina was browsing through dozens of gowns, she teased Tiffany to pick one of her own. At the time, the Slovenian said she was curious about her taste in dresses.

"That's a very elegant wedding dress," the make-up artist quipped.

Tiffany glanced at her and thanked her. "Shall we start?"

*

She glanced at herself in the mirror caressing the snowflake ring Chris had given her, when a soft knock on the door came.

"Come in."

When the door swung open, Lisa, in a baby blue gown, emerged with the wedding bouquet in her hand. The Evans matron was left breathless by the sight. "My dear, you are positively the loveliest bride." She then handed Tiffany the bouquet.

A mix of blue orchids and white tulips adorned it. As beautiful as the blossoms looked, there was one thing about the bouquet that caught her eye the most. An open locket with her parents' image on their wedding day was pinned to the handle. Instantly, tears escaped her eyes.

"Come now, sweetheart. I'm sure they're happy you'll now be finally with someone, who loves you unconditionally." Lisa gently brushed Tiffany's bare back. "We placed that image so you could have something of them as you walk towards your future."

Tiffany kissed Lisa's forehead. "About that, Momma Lisa. I was hoping you could walk me down the aisle."

Chris's mother could no longer hold back happy tears, either. "I would be honored, my child." She accorded the young woman with a kiss on the forehead before she enveloped her in her warm arms.