10- Who's the boy you danced with?

The day after my walk with Jesse, I found myself facing the closet and staring at my clothes with an expressionless face.

My mind was struggling to focus on the only stupid job I had at that moment: pick an outfit for the game night at Bailey's. It wasn't hard, I just had to grab a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, nothing fancy.

I always wore sweatpants and t-shirts on game nights.

But as I said, my mind was elsewhere and even focusing on that small task was hard.

I kept getting distracted by memories of the day before. More precisely by those words I almost blurted out like it was nothing.

I almost said that... I loved him.

That can't be right.

I shook my head, ignoring the fact that I was alone in my room. I was becoming more and more like those crazy ladies who nod to theirselves or talk to the mirror.

Well, to be honest, I was going a little crazy. I just couldn't accept the fact that I said I loved him.

I couldn't love Sean.

It's wasn't possible, I made a mistake. That's it.

I admitted I felt something for him, I wasn't that blind. But it had to be just a stupid crush, nothing I could't get over with a little bit of time.

I was already working on it, and I could't undermine everything I accomplished to distance myself from him because of a reckless sentence I didn't even finish.

The alternative was too scary to even think about it. If I loved him...

No, Kaycee, in that case you are screwed, so get yourself together!

I sighed, realizing I was still in my bathrobe, without an outfit on and there were only 20 minutes left before I had to leave.

Ironically, Sean would have been there tonight. So basically I had to spend an entire night with him while my head was engaging a battle against herself and on the worst topic possible.

That's just great...

In a corner of my closet I noticed a dress I hadn't wore in a while. It was simple, of a nice shade of purple. It reached just above my knees and if I remembered correctly it was comfy.

I pulled it out of the crutch and I examined it in my hands. The ordinary t-shirt and sweatpants or an unusual cute dress?

Suddenly I decided it was it, I would have wore that dress tonight.

I didn't care we were just going to play card games, or whatever game Bailey planned, I was in the mood for a change.

My friends would probably make some comments about it, but I couldn't care less.

Tonight I would have needed some confidence...
-

"Guys, Kaycee is here!" Bailey yelled over her shoulder, opening widely her front door and letting me in. Then she turned to me again and took in my outfit, saying with a lower but amazed voice: "And she is wearing a dress..."

"Hi Bails..." I ignored her, handing her the cake I baked that morning and laying down on the hallway forniture my little backpack. I took out my shoes, since it was an habit in the Sok family, and grabbed a pair of slippers they kept for guests.

"You even baked a cake?" she asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"I tried. Can't guarantee it's good..."

"Wow..." she said, a smile forming on her lips. "What have you done with my Kaycee Rice?"

I huffed, glaring at her while I made my way to the living room. I could already hear some voices. "What, I've worn dresses before..."