12- I know who you are

"So basically you want to make him more jealous..." Tahani stated, looking at me from the screen of my phone with puzzled eyes. "I thought you decided to forget about him..."

"What?" I replied, almost offended. "Jealous? No!"

"Honey, I hate to break it to you, but that's exactly what's gonna happen today..."

She raised her eyebrows knowingly and took another bite of the muffin she was eating for breakfast.

We agreed to facetime this morning, so that I could fill her in on the Sean Lew news. It was like a morning show we had been doing quite often lately, only without real news. Unfortunately it was my life to be in the spotlight...

I was eating my pancakes in the kitchen, with my phone carefully balanced between the bottle of syrup and the fruit bowl.

Tahani had listened quietly to all the story of how me and Sean had argued before Tessandra's class and how pitifully we had danced afterwards. Then I explained to her my idea of reconnecting with him by inviting him to a class at Dark Horse. Which, by the way, was this afternoon.

She didn't particularly like this last part.

"Did you ever think that Jesse would probably be there?" she said, her mouth half full.

I was about to answer but I saw my mom enter the room with the corner of my eyes, so I abruptly changed the subject and raised my voice.

"You're right! I think I should try this new stretching routine I saw on youtube, it seems to be really beneficial for your leg's flexibility..."

My mom went to open the fridge and shot a quick look at me, smiling, even though I was just throwing random sentences.

She retrieved some orange juice and poured it into a glass, then, after she had set back the juice box in its place, she headed back to the living room.

Tahani was waiting for me with a smirk on her face. "Beneficial?"

I ignored her. "I was about to say that even if Jesse is there, I don't think it will be a problem at all. Tell you what, I'm going to introduce them to each other!"

"Oh God..."

She started laughing at me, but I couldn't understand why since from my perspective it was a good idea.

This way Sean would have understood and seen with his eyes that Jesse is just a friend and maybe, maybe, he would have become friends with him too.

Then we would have taken the class, danced together, eaten together and voilà, problem solved.

Simple, right?

"I don't know if you are really that oblivious, or if you're just playing smarter..." she considered, shaking her head.

"Smarter than what?" I asked, more confused than ever.

She froze with her muffin in mid-air, her mouth open, looking at me in disbelief. Then she exploded in a loud laugh, even louder than the previous one.

"Okay, I guess that's my answer..." she said, swallowing her last bite of breakfast and starting to clean up her table.

I checked the time on the clock over the wall of the kitchen door and realized I had a bunch of homework waiting for me since last week.

"Tay, I have to go now. Don't worry, okay? Everything is under control, this is gonna go exactly as I planned..."

She scoffed in disagreement, but smiled anyway. "I hope for your sake that it's true, K."