Nightmares and Comforting

It was dark. Really dark. She couldn't see. She dragged her hand across the walls of where she was and couldn't find a window or a door. Mike. Where was Mike?

"Mike!" El screamed into the darkness."Mike!" She slid down the wall  and cried.

Soon, light shown in. El stood, afraid what was going to happen. When it was light enough, El looked down at her clothes and saw she was in a hospital gown. Her breath caught.

No. No, no, no. The badmen had caught her. She looked up at where the light was coming from and saw two men dressed in white in the doorway to her 'closet'. El's breathing quickened as Papa appeared behind them.

"Why, Eleven. So glad we found you." He smiled sickly sweet. El was too scared to do anything when he walked up to her. He twirled one of her curls around his finger. "My, my. You've grown your hair down to your shoulders."

"Yes." She squeaked out. Papa nodded and stood, turning back to the door. He made a hand gesture for her to follow so she hesitantly did.

"We need to take care of that." Papa said and lead her down the white corridors of Hawkins Lab. The place she experienced what no other person should ever have to. El's hand shot to her shoulder length, chestnut colored, curly, hair.

"You're..going to shave it?" She asked slowly, following Papa.

"Yes, Eleven." Papa said and opened a door revealing a silver chair. Beside the silver chair was a small table with a razor on it. "Sit." El shook her head.

"I like my hair." She said, tears clouding her vision.

"Sit." Papa told her again, firmly. El gulped in fear and sat down. The door opened and the same man that had continuously shaved her head when she lived here took the razor into his grubby hands and turned it on.

A tiny tear escaped El's eye as she felt the razor touch her head. She cried as her hair fell to the floor.

Once they were done, El wiped her eyes and stood. "Don't cry, Eleven. You'll get used to it."  Papa started walking down the halls and Eleven followed.

"Where.. are we going?" She spoke slow and soft.

"We need to test your powers. Get them to become stronger." Papa turned to El and placed his hands on her shoulders. "You will do great things, Eleven. You will be our weapon against our enemies."

El didn't believe him but she knew not to mess with Papa. She knew what he was capable of. "Okay." 

Papa opened a door to the white room and told her to take a seat. She sat down and watched Papa carefully. "I am going to give you directions and you will obey." 

"Okay." El said.

"Open the gate." Papa said seriously. El's eyes widened. She will not put her friends in danger again.

"No." El said. "No."

"No?" Papa raised his eyebrows.

"No. I won't." El said.

Papa sighed. "Bring him in!" He shouted and the door opened. Two men dressed in white brought in a boy with black hair and brown eyes. He was struggling against them.

"Let me go you bastards!" He screamed. El's eyes widened even more. Mike. They had Mike. "Let me go!" 

"Silence him." Papa said and one of the badmen punched Mike in the stomach.