Ice Cream and Old Friends

I'm updating, finally! I've been busy with school coming up next week and Volleyball practice everyday except for weekends.

Sorry it's not very long. I'm a bit rusty with Mileven.

The school bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Mike gently shut his locker door and leaned against it, waiting for El to come out of her last class. He waited for her by his locker which was right next to his but he was a bit worried. El had an Algebra test today that she had been working hard and studying all week for. He drummed his fingers against his leg anxiously.

He finally spotted her in the crowd of students and with a smile on his face he started over to her. His smile soon turned into a frown when he saw her wipe at her eyes. Mike hurried towards her and dropped his backpack on the floor, wrapping El into a tight hug. 

"What did you get?" He whispered, his hand a fist in her hair. 

El sniffed and placed her chin on top of his shoulder, hugging him tighter. "I studied so hard and got a C-."

Mike pulled away but kept his girlfriend at arms length. "That's still a passing grade, El." He brushed the hair out of her face.

El shrugged and started walking to her locker. "I-I know but I worked hard."

"And that's what matters!" Mike smiled and El shouldered her backpack that Mike handed to her.

El smiled and put her arm around Mike's waist. "Yeah, I guess so."

Mike leaned his head on top of hers, which was leaning on his shoulder. "I think I know what might cheer you up a bit."

"Really?" El looked up at him with hopeful brown eyes. He nodded and led them outside to their friends who were waiting for them by the bike rack. Mike gave all of them a look that practically screamed, 'Don't ask about the test!' 

"Max," Mike started. "Do you mind taking my bike back to my house?"

Max narrowed her eyes. "Why?"

Mike rolled his brown eyes in annoyance at the redhead. "I'm taking El for ice cream. She got a low grade on her test and she's pretty upset about it. I'm hoping the ice cream will cheer her up a bit." He told her quietly.

Max nodded. "Yeah, I will."

"Thanks." Mike laced his fingers through El's and he looked down at her. "Let's go."

El stared up at him with her eyebrows scrunched together as they started walking to the ice cream shop. "Where are we going?"

Mike squeezed her hand and smiled down at her. "We are going out for ice cream." 

El's eyes lit up like a child's on Christmas morning. "Really?" Mike nodded and she smiled wide; already in a better mood. She may have gotten a bad grade on her test but she had an amazing boyfriend that knew how to make her feel better. She smiled up at Mike gratefully.

Mike glanced down at her smiling at him. "What?"

El shrugged and swung their hands between them. "Nothing."

Mike raised an eyebrow. "Then why were you staring at me?"

El blushed and moved in front of him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and cocked her head to the side, smiling. "I'm just glad that you're my boyfriend." Mike wrapped his arms around her but moved one so he could tangle his fingers in her hair. 

"I'm glad you're my girlfriend." He smiled and leaned in. El closed her eyes, tilted her head up, and waited for the pressure of Mike's lips on hers but it never came. He pecked her forehead instead. El opened her eyes and pouted. Mike looked anywhere but at her.