19- you are lovely

"I will. I will come over. No, it's not a problem it's fine. I shave nothing to do anyway. I wasn't, I swear, I have  my phone on mute. Dude, it's fine, really. No, no, it's okay. I don't... No, it's not out of PITY come on, it's out of... I care about you and I wanna hang out, okay? Wil you let me in? Okay, thank you."
And soon he was climbing a tree and getting through a window just because it was more fun and less social trouble than coming through the front door in the middle of he night. He scratched his elbow pretty badly but it was worth it for the adrenaline rush . He looked up at the boy, smiling, full of pride. Tyler just scoffed and shook his head but they both knew it was just an act, he was in fact happy to see him. Just not too fond of appearing vunerable. "Hey"
"I don't have any spare change sir, I'm sorry. You'll have to get out of my property or I'll call the police" - Tyler kept a straight face as usual while delivering a punchline but his sense of humour being back was a god sign. He wasn't desperately problem-solving anymore and that was the goal - to help him unwind for a bit. "You want some soda?" "You have...?" "Yes" - Josh was already handing him a Red Bull, more proud of himself with every minute "Wow, okay, thanks, man" - first smile. Another achievement. "You wanna show me what you're working on?" - Josh found a comfortable position on Tyler's bed, opening a can of coke "Yeah, sure." - Tyler opened his laptop - "It's called semi-automatic At least for now. I think, out of the millions of finished and unfinished songs, this one might go with the truce one and the screen one on the record, not only 'cause of  the chronology but like... I don't know. It was before that Dema thing became most of my life so... A different vibe I guess." Josh nodded "I'm very glad, I finally got around to making it a thing. You wanna listen to it?" "Yeah, sure" Josh loved listening to Tyler's songs. His favourite part was that those songs were so real and just like ones you'd hear on the radio but they were floating in space. Lots of them were unfinished concepts, some of them were just lyrics, some of them have only been performed live in trench for a bunch of random Dema fugitives, some were very old and established long before he showed up. They were everywhere. Josh loved every single note because it was Tyler's and he loved every single note because it was genuine and he loved every single note because it just sounded good. And also because he was the first one. He sat through it with his eyes closed, not only to make Tyler more comfortable but to focus on the sound. It was making him aware of the blood flow in his vessels, it felt like the bubbles in coke, the song had an intelligence of its own. "Tyler, I know you're tired of hearing this, but this is just amazing. So good. I'm sorry but you have to accept it, you're a genius." Tyler was forcing the smile off his face in the most adorable way while keeping his eyes on the monitor. "If anyone manages to convince you of how lovely you are, it's gonna be me." Tyler just gave him with a look that said "oh, please"  and looked back at the screen, shaking his head even though he wasn't looking at anything in particular.

.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.

If you don't vote on that story, I will make sure all of your socks are damp and your cornflakes are soft for the rest of your life