22- I can feel my way around

He looked at the defeated body that somewhat resembled his friend, buried under the bedcovers. His throat was tight and he couldn't find the courage to speak. Was it too late? God, please, no. He thought it was already too late last time when he found his room empty. Tyler is better than this. "Ty- Tyler?"
"Get out of the room."- raspy and damaged voice sounded like everything he associated with pain.
"No. I'm here-" "You don't understand. You have to get out of my room, now. Not this time. You're going without me." Tyler was still facing the wall and Josh could barely see his face. He stood there in silence. He met hostile Tyler before, he knew that he would deny help but he didn't quite know what to do about it. "Tyler, I know-" "You don't know me. You don't know what I've been through. You have no idea. Now go back to your happy family and stop involving me in vialism." - his voice was so hoarse, he could barely speak and the words that were leaving his mouth were sharp like a razor. "Tyler I can't leave you here..." "You must." - every word was shaky in its own way, getting lost in the cold air and only the remains made it to Josh. He empathised with Tyler so much and all he wanted now was to assure him that he was safe. Tears warmed his cheeks. He clenched his fists. Ruthless Josh was back and he had missed his friend for way too long. "I'm not having this." He walked up to the bed and threw the cover away exposing the small, curled up body in fetal position, with a shocked face. He looked beat up both figuratively and literally. Josh didn't think twice and grabbed his shoulders, pulling him up to which he reacted with pulling away and whining in pain. "Aaaah! Don't touch me!" Josh's heart sunk but he quickly evaluated the costs and picked his friend up, disregarding his disapproval. He was deaf to whatever Tyler had to say right now. He was a very very hurt version of himself. His facial features changed and his personality was like through a foggy mirror. He was all blurry and scattered. Josh looked down through the window, not knowing if he should go down the rope first to make sure Tyler is safe or let Tyler go first to make sure he actually gets down like he is told to. He slided down and  stepped on the first knot of the rope. -  "Get down." "I'm not doing this." "Get. Down. Or I'll start screaming and you will be in big trouble, my guy. - he had no choice but to play to his sensitivities even though it felt wrong - Down. Now." Tyler's eyes were empty. He slowly made his way down to the first knot, between the rope and Josh's body. Good. Everything was good. And safe. "Follow my lead." Tyler didn't fight back more. And Josh didn't think more. He didn't look at his damaged body, he didn't wonder what had been done to him, he had one job now and it was to get him to Trench safely. He opened the basement door and let Tyler go in frist "Where are they?" - his voice was barely audible. "We're... alone this time. Don't worry - Josh took the map and a roll of yellow tape from his pocket - We'll be good." Tyler shook his head. Josh stuck tape on his shoulders hastely and didn't forget his arm. The tape was everyone's personal choice and people who escaped many times like Tyler were sentimental of it. Josh wasn't yet quite satisfied so he stuck the tape around his wrists to his skin, trying not to think how little tape he needed. He looked up at the boys face. Behind it, there was nothing. Or perhaps too much to even bother expressing. He wondered if he lost Tyler forever. He took the boys face in his hands "Hey.  It will be different. - he had found that this was the one positive thing you can say to someone involving the least comforting lies. Because it's always different - Everything is changing, Tyler - he whispered. Tyler wasn't speaking and Josh felt like he had  done something wrong. - Do you want to walk or do you want me to carry you?" Tyler was looking at him wide- eyed and opened his mouth to say something but remained silent.  Josh moved his hands away as to not overwhelm him more. There was still nothing he could read from his expression. "E-everything hurts... - Josh nodded - I don't know." "Okay, you will walk for now. - Josh reached for his hand - Take my hand"

🖤💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

Tyler grabbed his hand. He was almost blind but Josh was his eyes.
" More like 'take my whole life' "- he thought - " Like in this song... What was it called...? Something about friendship "