Savior | Embalmer (Aesop) x Reader

Note: Enjoy the story! ;3c
Type: Fluff

Note for the rest of the story (Not book): Your occupation is a painter. You have an ability called "Life's Blessing" which allows you to draw any item that you wish to obtain rather than opening a chest in hopes of getting the item you want (Can be used one 1 only). The second option is to create a shield for 12 seconds on yourself or on others (Can be used 2 times. Cooldown is 30 seconds. It can increase if a survivor saves you.). You are fragile so your speed is slower than others due to lack of physical movement. You have anxiety so the presence of others will be shown to you throughout the game for 15 seconds. Your decoding speed will be slower when doing it with others.

There was a new survivor that joined in the deadly game yesterday. He wears a mask that covers half of his face and always carry a box with him. No one really knows what he does or who he is.

A match is starting at the manor. Margaretha, Vera, and (Y/N) are teamed up with the new guy. Vera and Margaretha chat with each other actively while (Y/N) and the new man quietly wait for the round to start. The young female would curiously glance at the male from time to time as they patiently wait for the hunter to arrive. The embalmer seems to notice the other artist staring at him, but decides to ignore her as he arranged his brushes in his make up kit. He wants to speak to her but decides against it due to his mind breaking anxiety. "Hey, (Y/N)." The female artist looks up at Vera and replies, "Yes..?" She nudges at you and whispers, "You've been staring at him for a while now. Got a crush~?" Pink dust covers her face. "N-No! I just want to know more about him." Vera lets out a hum before saying, "Well, why not ask him?" This leaves (Y/N) silence with Vera giggling. Margaretha was informed by Vera on everything. At this point, (Y/N) wish she could lock herself in a room and never come out.

The hunter arrives to the chair. He chuckles as he looks at the survivors while playing around with his umbrella. (Y/N) sighs as she sees Wu Chang. Margaretha amd Vera give her a worried look while the male artist seem unfazed. He gives her a quick glance and gives a confused expression to his teammates. Margaretha notices it and quickly explain to him about the situation. "Before you came here, (Y/N) has a bad history with Wu Chang. He would always chase her despite the others right in front of him. We still don't know why.. but what we know is that it's usually the black guard who goes after her."

He nods understandably and smirks behind his mask. This certainly intrigues him.

--------

The round starts with the 4 of them in separate places in the Arms Factory. You quickly went to a nearby cipher and decode as fast as possible while the rest did the same. Suddenly, you sense another presence coming at your direction and look to your right side. It's the new survivor. He took a good look at you for a split second before sprinting off. You were confused by his actions but proceed to decode. The decoding felt like an eternity until you manage to finish it. "Finally!" Unfortunately, Wu Chang must have heard the cipher when you see Fan Wujiu (Black Guard) coming close to you. You quickly try to evade the tall, hostile side of the man. The chase only lasted for a few seconds before he slams his umbrella against your back. You let out a small cry while Vera yells, "Don't move. I'm coming!" They only need to decode 2 more ciphers to power up the exit gates. (Y/N) pants heavily, falling to the ground and picks herself up repeatedly as Fan sets to eliminate the artist. Vera finally appears and starts taunting the hunter's attention to her. It didn't work. Just when the black guard hits you, you manage to create a shield for yourself. It stops him for a few seconds, allowing you to place a pallet on him. He yells out in pain and grunts. Your legs starts becoming numb and your vision starts to blur from the sound of your intense heartbeats and pain. You yell out, "Vera! Help me!" And so she did. She sprays her perfume before she got hit and teleports back to where she was before. However the hunter's primary focus is still on you. Even when Vera was still trying to get his attention. You created another shield on yourself. This time, the hunter switch out to Xie Bi'an (White Guard) and he manages to hit you after the shield effect wears out. You yelp loudly from the hard impact against your back and fall to the ground shaking.