Bloomed | Clarity (Naib) x Reader

Warning: Emotional ride, gore (body horror), self harm
Note: Surprise! I wanted to include an angst so here's a story. The others will continue ASAP. Sorry if I write a lot about Naib or Eli. They have a lot of costumes! ..and I love them.

P.S. You suffer from Hanahaki (a fictional disease that makes a person cough up flowers from suffering a one sided love) and depression.

Type: Angst to Fluff

-----------

You are best friends with Naib. You both are nearly inseparable and live together since it is easier to pay the rent. You met him in preschool and stayed by his side ever since. He can be mean, distanced, or rude yet you remain patient and tolerate his aggression. It becomes rare to see him hurt your feelings now and when he does, he makes sure to bring your spirits up.

You work at day and he works at night. You usually do the cooking and cleaning, while he pays most of the bills. You both play video games together and laugh at whatever stupid jokes or puns you guys made up. It's surprising to many of your friends that the two of you didn't become a couple. They make jokes about how you both should be married by now. Naib would often laugh it off while you usually stay silent and blush. They tease you but you played it off with them. Over the years since the day you met him, your heart pounds violently and your face tends to heat up around his presence. That's when you knew, you fell for your best friend.

Until one day, a single petal first escape from your throat. You coughed onto your hands as you rush to the restroom during your break from work. You gasp at the sight of blood and petals. "No.." you whisper, "Not like this.."

The seed has officially blossomed in your chest in its extent.

Naib has found someone he likes.. and that person wasn't you.

"(Y/N)?" You hear a knock on the restroom door. "Is everything alright?" You let out a few more coughs before wiping your mouth and washing your hands. You open the door to see a concerned Emily. "Yes. Why?" Her eyebrows fury down even more and she says, "I heard you coughing." You wave it off and smile at her. "I'm fine, really! I think my stress level is taking effect." She shakes her head as she looks down. "In that case.."

"..please go home for today." You drive back home with a dizzy head. You open your apartment door and Naib goes to greet you. "Hey (Y/N)! You're home earlier than I expected. Did something happen?" You give him a wide smile and say, "Nope! The manager was nice enough to let me go home early after my hard work." You flex your arms as he chuckles. He says, "Wanna play Mario Kart?"

You look at him with a smirk. "Hell yeah!"

The night arrives. Naib goes to leave for his job, but bids you a goodbye first. You wave at your friend until your throat becomes dry and itchy. You close the door and rush to the restroom. You take the mirror on the side and open it. Behind the mirror had all of the medicines you hid from him. Antibiotics, ibuprofens, anti-anxiety and anti-depression meds, sleeping pills, and so on. Your hands shake as you reach for the coughing pills. You kept on coughing as flowers and blood falls to the toilet. You quickly flush it and shove the pills down. Then, you drink water and pants heavily. You sit on the side of the restroom and lean against the wall as tears stream down your face. "This is unfair.." you thought, "Why do I have to go through this?"

-------------

Weeks has passed as months follows. Your condition becomes worse and the source of the problem becomes visible. Emily starts noticing it and becomes constantly worry to your well being. She is not only your friend and manager, but also a doctor in her spare time. "(Y/N)." she says. You look at her with a forced smile and dead eyes. "Yes, Emily?"