Just Slipped Out

Kirishima dropped his phone on his face, being startled by the loud banging on his door. He rubbed his nose and ran to open the door, already knowing who was on the otherside.

The door flew open.

"Hey Kat-"

His greeting was interrupted by Bakugou giving him a soft peck on the lips and pushing past him.

"-suki.." Kirishima sighed out, giving a lopsided smile. He closed the door gently and walked over to where Bakugou was standing.

"What the hell do you want?" Bakugou asked, not a hint of rudeness present in the gentle voice he always used around his favorite redhead. Kirishima placed both hands on Bakugou's shoulders and applied pressure, implying that he wanted him to sit, which Bakugou obliged.

Kirishima, however, did not sit. Instead, he stood directly in front of Bakugou, smiling so wide his eyes crinkled at the sides. He was obviously excited about something, Bakugou knew. It was almost creepy the way Kirishima was just staring at him with that wide dopey smile.

Bakugou leaned forward just enough to slip an arm under Kiri's arm and around his waist, pulling him between his legs and against his chest.

"Oh!" Kirishima squeaked at the sudden man-handle.

"Where do you get off smiling at me like that? Are you trying to get mauled?" Bakugou questioned, purposely speaking in a lower octave near Kirishima's ear to make him shiver, which was a great success.

A small chuckle left Kirishima's lips. His laughter halted and was replaced with a gasp and long sigh as Bakugou left kisses along his jaw and neck. Kirishima clutched Bakugou's shoulders and tilted his neck. He almost forgot why he called this meeting in the first place.

"U-Um Kat," Kirishima interrupted the moment and cleared his throat, "I-I called you here for a reason."

"Mmm, is this not the reason?" Bakugou mumbled against Kirishima's neck, his warm breath tickling the tiny hairs. Kirishima snickered despite the shivers electrocuting his body.

"No! I want to ask you- uh- tell you something." Kirishima gently pulled back. Bakugou scowled at the loss of contact but encouraged his boyfriend to proceed.

Kirishima's smile faltered, a nervous feeling that was not previously there suddenly overflowing in his stomach. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and let it go slowly. Bakugou scanned his boyfriend's actions closely. Before he could come up with any horrible heartbreaking possibilities of why he looks so nervous, Kirishima began to speak.

"I have a secret. A huge one. Well, I mean, it's not huge like, 'I murdered someone' huge. It's something no one knows about. Not even my closest bros know about this. It's that huge–"

"Okay, fuck, just get to the damn point! You sound worse than the fucking nerd." Bakugou stopped Kiri's seemingly endless rambling.

"Alright, well, here it goes." Kirishima opened his mouth, though he closed it seconds after. "Why don't I just show you?"

Before Bakugou could respond in any way, Kirishima shoved his fingers in his bright red hair and furiously rattled them in an up-and-down motion. Instantly his hair began to lose its usual standing position and fell beautifully down to his eyes and neck. He lightly moved strands of red away from his left eye and tucked them behind his ear, a bashful smile forming on his lips as per usual whenever he released his hair from its position.

It took a plethora of willpower to keep Bakugou from jumping onto Kirishima and destroying him. Instead, he bit his lip briefly.

"Okay so you're fucking beautiful with your hair down. Tell me something I don't know." Bakugou complimented casually, ignoring the heat building up in his cheeks.

"Shut the–" Kirishima replaced the last word with a punch to Bakugou's shoulder and a giggle. Bakugou only smirked endearingly.

"Take a closer look." Kirishima said, pointing to the top of his head.

Curious beyond belief, Bakugou stood in front of the slightly shorter teen (only by an inch, kiri says with frustration) and stared at his scalp. To Bakugou's great surprise, he found that his scalp was not red but black and nearly cascading down in almost every direction.

"It's not red." Bakugou muttered incredulously.

"Y-Yeah. So, uh, could you help me dye it? Normally I'd do it myself but I thought I should share this with you since you told me about your old obsession with Clawd from Monster High." Kirishima was rambling again.

"Shut up, this is different." Bakugou paused, still taking in this newfound information. He scowled at Kirishima, deep in concentration.

Kirishima could not look at him, afraid that he may have just lost who he believes is the love of his life. He desperately attempted to explain why he was lying to everyone about his true hair color in the calmest way he could, hoping to remove that strange contemplating look on Bakugou's face.

Frustrated and quite irritated, Bakugou grabbed Kirishima's face and held it in his hands.

"What did I fucking say about the rambling?"

Kirishima blinked.

"There is nothing wrong with the fact that you're not really a redhead. It doesn't make you a shitty bastard if you decide to keep something like this a secret. It's your fucking life, do whatever the hell you please. You are beautiful, and I love you no matter what you do and what you look like."

"WHAT."

Kirishima jolted away from Bakugou's touch, astonished at the now confused blonde standing across from him.

Bakugou made a sound of confusion before cursing loudly at the sudden realization of the three words that just slipped out of his big fucking mouth.

The boys stared at each other, blushing intensely, too shocked and embarrassed to form any statements that could possibly comfort the other.

"I'm a dumbass. I'm such a fucking– God, what the fuck is wrong with me?" Bakugou finally said, running his hand through his spiky hair and squeezing his eyes shut. He turned around, facing away from Kirishima, then he turned back around. He legitimately had no clue what to do. After all, they have never dropped the L-bomb before.

Kirishima could tell his explosive boyfriend was beyond nervous, and with that being said, he knew Bakugou would want to go explode something.

"Katsuki! Hey man," Kirishima hastily got in the middle of Bakugou's pacing and placed both hands on his arms to stop him from moving, "It's fine. Totally cool."

His reassuring words did not do as much as Kiri had hoped. Bakugou went on a shaky and angry rant, his hands in constant movement; from knuckle cracking to fingers wiggling to balling up his fists and opening them again and again.

It wasn't until Kirishima grabbed his hands and kissed him did Bakugou finally stop and breathe.

"I love you too. I've wanted to say it since forever but I've been too afraid to! How unmanly." He laughed.

Bakugou pulled him in for another kiss, deeply and slower this time, clutching the back of his head to try to keep him there for as long as he could.

Bakugou pulled away and gazed at Kirishima's lips, then to his dark crimson eyes.

"I'll help you."

"Help me what?"

"Dye your hair, dumbass."

"O-Oh yeah! Right."

The two separated hesitantly, not before Bakugou snuck one last kiss in of course. The air appeared to be different after what occurred moments ago; as if a large boulder was lifted off of their bodies and they could finally breathe now that they've said what they've been wanting to say ever since they started dating 5 months ago.

AN UPDATE!!!! Are you shocked? I bet you are!! I was listening to Yagami Yato while writing the first half of this chapter 😳 (kirishima to be exact hhnngghjh)