Careful What You Wish For

"This selfie is ruining my life!" Audrey's obnoxious voice fills my ears and I feel tired from the social interaction already.

"Hi, can I help you?" I ask turning around, paintbrush still in hand. If I have any more problems today, I swear to... oh God what is that on her head?

"I mean that looks great!" I lie, flakiness prominent in my voice.

"If by 'great' you mean 'awful' then yes, it's great," I can feel the laugh start to come when I read the comment and me and Mal glance at each other. Keep it under control.

"Fantastic! Another comment,"

"I'm so sorry," Jane starts. How did she do that? "I didn't even know I could do magic!" What? " I can do magic!"

" Yup," Audrey answers, un impressed since the conversation isn't about her anymore.

" I can do magic" Jane repeats, I suppose it is kind of nerve racking. I didn't know I could do it, 'til my Mum - Mother Gothel, handed me the book.

"You can do magic?" Mal asks

"Keep up with the conversation," Mal glares at me

"We've been over this," Audrey mumbles.

" I gotta go lie down," and with that, Jane leaves.

"Everyone is talking about my cupcake disaster!" Evie comes running in, phone in hand "Look at this post! 'Pastry chef? More like pastry death!'" she reads the caption out loud. "I don't think that's a compliment here." Jay walks in, I don't know if I'm relived or angry. Angry.

"Does anyone know how to knock?" I ask, my irritation clear to everyone in the room.

"You're in a tent!" Jay responds.

"Hold on to this for me. It's very important." He hands Mal a lamp and, on his way, out he speaks again "Nice hair."

"Really?" Audrey asks

"Nope, but I'm trying to learn how to be nice." I snort at that and Audrey glares at me before continuing.

"You have to fix my hair!"

"Hold up! She's my BFF. She's helping me first." Evie protests.

"Hey! You stole my lamp!" Jordan comes running in.

"- What? No!" Mal defends herself. I'm gonna kill Jay.

- "Thief!" Jordan shout at Mal, and I can't help roll my eyes.

"Cool it, Jordan," I raise my left hand "we'll deal with Jay later,"

"Rain will help you when she's done with me."

"I think you mean when she's done with me."

"Did you get paint on my lamp?!"

"No biggy. I'll just wipe it off."

"Hello! My hair?" I swear, If Audrey speaks one more time.

"Can we focus on what's important?" Evie starts again "Me."

" You're ruining my lamp! Gimme!" Jordan takes the lamp from Mal and runs out.

"Stuff like this never happened on the Isle of the Lost," I mutter, glancing at an equally distraught Mal.

"I wish we could all just go back home." And with that, a purple powder engulfs us. I'm going to kill someone. Preferably Audrey.