The Night Is Young

The ball's been going on for a while and Evie's growing agitated.

"When will they announce it?" she's checking her makeup in her mirror. I pat her on the back and go to talk to Ben who's standing by the punch. He hands me a slice of Chocolate cake.

"My knight in shining armour," I take a huge forkful and shove it in my mouth. It's delicious. Evie can't have made this one. I keep eating whilst Ben just watches in shock.

"I would say slow down but you've already eaten it all," I glare up at him "that would be scary if you weren't shorter than me," I put the last mouthful in and place the plate on the dirty dishes area.

"Fight me," he smiles and gets a serviette to rub away the icing. Evie runs over, red lipstick in hand.

"Pout," I do as she says "you're representing the Q.N.L.B, gotta keep your appearances up," and with that she applies the lipstick before running to Mal with a nude lipstick.

"Is she okay?" Ben asks confused.

"On the isle we didn't really have this sorta stuff. She just likes being recognised. And she deserves it,"

"You're not a bit jealous?"

"Nope," I smile up at him "she has to dance with some boring King who can't look stylish no matter how hard he tries," he fake gasps

"Imagine being his girlfriend!"

"I know right! I feel sorry for that poor girl Having to deal with him."

"Lucky you've got me then,"

"Lucky," I lean up and as are lips are about to meet Evie pushes me away.

"No smudging!" she points to the stage "they're announcing it!" she grabs mine and Ben's hands, dragging us to the front.

"It's time for the crowning of the Neon Lights King and Queen!" Ally doesn't even pause when announcing it. Everyone knows i's Evie by now. "Ben and Evie!" Lonnie brings over the fake crowns. She places then on both their heads. Ben ducking for it to be placed on him.

"I think it was rigged for you to win..." I smirk

"You think?"

"I mean they knew you'd never be a king so pitied you,"

"I think it was quite the opposite..."

"Oh, the jewels on the crown totally match my eyes! I look so good! I don't even need a filter!" Evie takes several photos.

"I know I'm new to the whole crown thing, but I don't think plastic jewels are supposed to poke you in the skull," Ben struggles to get it in the correct position.

"Beauty is pain," I sing "and you're gorgeous," I wink at him.

"I know. I really am," Evie pouts as she looks in her phone camera.

"And now, we invite our King and Queen to do a solo dance!" Ally speaks into the mic.

"Dance for me. I've got a date with some bling. Oh, crownie, I love you!" Evie walks away.

"Seems I have to dance with the King anyway..."

"Poor you," ben starts "at least your queen didn't dump you for fake jewellery,"

"That she did. But, hey! You gotta admit they do make a lovely couple"

"They do, but I can't let 'crownie' out dance me." he puts his hand out to me "shall we?"

I place my left hand in his "we shall darling,"

No music plays so I look to Ally who's talking to Lonnie

"Lonnie, what's going on?"

"I don't know what happened. Nothing's working. Someone cut the equipment cord!" Lonnie shouts up, pressing random buttons.

"Uh, we're having some technical difficulties. Please hold." Ally runs down to us "Someone cut the DJ cord!"

"Why though?" It's not exactly an Auradon thing to do. But Freddie is here.

"Uh, don't worry. I'll sing for you. No, really, I mean it. No, no, no, guys, I insist. I got this. Seriously. Go on. Dance," speak of the devil. She climes up the steps.

"No one's insisting dear!" I shout up at her

"Shut up and Dance. I roll my eyes. Ally leaves as Freddie starts playing the guitar she grabbed along the way.

Freddie -

"♫ Why you're standing over there ♫ ♫

♫ Acting like you just don't care? ♫

♫ We can make our own kind of music

♫ We might come from different worlds ♫

♫ Might not be your kind of girl ♫

♫ But I just wanna let go and lose it ♫

♫ We are lost and found ♫

♫ So let's go turn the beat around ♫

♫ And maybe find a brand-new sound ♫

♫ Let's turn it up right now ♫

♫ Because the night is young ♫

♫ And it's just begun ♫

"You're terrible," I laugh as Ben dramatically spins me. As I twirl, I catch sight of Jordan talking to Jane and Audrey I'm not worrying about them now though.

Freddie -

♫ And go till the sun comes up ♫

♫ The night is young ♫

The song finishes with Ben doing a dramatic dip, me nearly hitting the floor. As 'I'm your girl' starts playing he lifts me up.

"That was eventful,"