JU6.

Khalil Matthews.

               I watched my dad sigh as he flipped through bills sipping on coffee

I watched my dad sigh as he flipped through bills sipping on coffee. "If it ain't one thing it's another."

"What is it?" I asked leaning off the counter and putting my cup in the sink.

"Nothing." he said. "I got it." I smacked my lips snatching the paper from his hands. It was for the rent.

"I got half of it." I told him pulling my wallet from my pocket. "Here." I put my card on the table.

"Khalil, I got it." he said pushing it towards me but I pushed it back towards him,

"I'll just go take it from the bank myself." I shrugged as my little sister and brother walked in the kitchen. "Aye stop hitting eachother."

"Tell Kari's dumb self to stay out my business." Kailie said mushing my brothers head.

"Stop being a hoe." he said making me scrunch my face up.

"Nigga don't call her that shit, is you fucking stupid?" I said. "Watch your fucking mouth, Kari."

"Sorry." he mumbled.

"Why would you even just say that shit?" I asked.

"Because she keeps talking to my friend and she likes him."

"No I don't!" she shouted pushing him.

"Yes you do!" he yelled back, pushing her. I sighed watching them push each other.

"Aye cut it out." I said. "Cut it the fuck out!" I shouted making them stop.

"Daddy Kari won't leave me alone." Kailie said walking towards my dad who sat at the table just staring.

"Kai y'all need to leave each other alone, y'all about to piss me off and I'm about to whoop both y'all ass." he said. "Now go put your shoes on."

"I'm finna go, we'll talk when I get home." I said.

"We don't got shit to talk about Khalil." he said but I kept walking out the kitchen.

"Come on!" I shouted grabbing my keys. They came running down the stairs with their shoes on and book bags in hand.

"You are always late." Juicy said to me as I walked in first period and sat down. "Why?"

"Waking up late." I shrugged, lying. I wake up at 6:15 everyday, I have to take the twins to school then come all the way back to go to school.

"Well I'm gonna start calling you to wake you up in the morning." she said making me smirk.

"That's your way of asking for my number?" I asked touching her hair that was in curls. "I like this."

"Um no I am not asking for your number, I don't even want your number- I mean if you want- okay." she said stumbling over her words.

"Okay what?" I said writing my name on my paper in cursive.