JUST US.

Giselle Love.

seven years.

              "CONGRATULATIONS, mommy!" Kai said hugging me

"CONGRATULATIONS, mommy!" Kai said hugging me. "I'm so proud of you, I know KJ is too."

"Thank you baby." I kissed her head, chuckling as Kari bear hugged me. "Kari."

"I'm so fucking proud of you ma, seriously." he said hugging me tight. "It's been a long time coming."

"Y'all gon make me cry," I pouted wrapping my arms around him. "I love you."

"I love you." he said letting me go.

It had been a long time coming. Seven years. Seven years after the love of my life passed away, I was finally graduating from college with my degree as a registered nurse. I thought I'd never see this day, I didn't even think I'd make it this far.

"I know how hard these past years have been on you but you did it and I'm so proud of you." Nia said hugging me. "So so proud, Juicy."

After Khalil died I fell into this deep depression, life went on but I stayed in that place, at that gas station with Khalil in my arms dying asking me if he was gonna die or not. The scene just kept repeating itself in my head, everyday.

Time went on and I really stayed in that one place. I didn't get out of it until Khalil visited me in my dreams, along with a little girl that looked just like him.

"Damn I miss you." I heard as I looked around not seeing anybody, I knew that voice from anywhere.

"Khalil?" I asked looking around. Finally there he was, standing with a little girl in his arms. "Khalil, I thought you were dead." I rushed over to him, hugging him. Smelling his smell and feeling his presence brought tears to my eyes.

"I am, Juicy." he chuckled hugging me back. "You gon hurt baby girl."

I let him go, looking at this little girl who was in his arms. "Hi." she said.

"This is your mommy, Malayah," he told the little girl as I looked confused. "Juicy meet Malayah, our daughter."

I said nothing looking at the girl. "Same." he said. "Crazy actually seeing our baby right?"

"She's beautiful." I mumbled touching her hand.

"Giselle, we need to talk." he said as I grabbed Malayah from his arms. "I'm worried about you."

"I was worried about you." I told him.

"I'm okay, I want you to be. Gis, I'm dead. I need you to move on, you promised me that you'd take care of the twins and yourself and you haven't been doing that. I'm fine up here and you're just miserable, I understand that you miss me and I miss you too everyday but I'm okay mama."

"I don't know how to do anything but think of you. You're on my mind when I wake up and when I close my eyes at night, I can't get you out of my head and I don't know how to move on." I told him. "When I look at the twins I see you, and when I see you, I see the fact that I let you die."

"It was my time to go. The bad feeling I was having was me, I knew that I was gonna die. I gave up, I made a choice. I gave up fighting for my life, that's nobody's fault but mine." he said. "Baby I need you to move on for me. I need you to get it together for yourself and the twins and I need you to please let me rest, I won't ever be happy up here if you're not happy down there."

"I don't know how." I told him.

"You do, baby, you do."

I think that was my wake up call from God, the next day I contacted FAMU and got registered for classes.

I never thought my life would have turned out the way it did, and I'm grateful everyday for every breath I take. Lord knows it can be taken away from you in a second.

Khakis death took a piece of my life that I'll never get back but if I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing. Khalil is okay with being dead, he knew, and as long as I know he's happy wherever he is, I'm happy too.

I seen myself growing old with him it bring just us the twins and the family we'd build together, things don't have that way. But as long as I have a piece of him with me I'll always be okay.

It's still Just Us.

okay this is so fucking overdue😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂I literally apologize

depending on his this chapter goes (votes and comments) I'll open this book back up and do book two🥰🥰

y'all mfs be having me fucked up that's why I'm contemplating quitting this shit. y'all fucking annoying.

Q🤷🏽‍♀️: have you tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich?

Q🤷🏽‍♀️: which is better Popeyes or chic fil a?

be sure to comment and vote for book two.