Chapter 16: The Next Day

TJ POV:

That night I was terrified, there was nothing me or Amber could do since there was glass and china everywhere. There wouldn't be enough time to sweep it all up and they would know anyway since there'd be glass in the bin and all the ornaments and photos are gone. All I could do was cry into Amber on the kitchen floor. Our parents would be home soon and I was undoubtedly going to be killed or at least beaten worse than ever before if that were possible. It was only half an hour until we heard the dreaded sound of the key turning in the door as it opened. Fear swelled in my chest, I haven't been this scared about being beaten since the first time it happened.

'What the fuck?' My dad whispered when turning on the lights to see glass covering the wooden polished floor, surprisingly, they didn't appear drunk.

My mom made her way over to us and I pushed my body closer to Amber out of fear, 'What the fuck happened here Amber?' She asked.

Amber's mouth twitched as she didn't know what to say, I could tell she didn't want to turn me in but she didn't want to lie and get hurt herself. Tears welled in her eyes as they fell.

I wasn't going to let her lie for me, 'I-I d-did it,' I admitted, clutching to Amber's arm.

My mom glared at me, moving to the side as my dad walked intimidatingly towards us, 'Of course it was you worthless little fag,'

Amber held me tighter which I appreciated as I felt as if I was going to cry again.

'Amber honey, go upstairs,' my mom smiled sweetly at her.

Amber shook her head, clutching me, 'But m-mom,'

'Amber!' My dad snapped making both of us jump.

She started crying, her grip loosening on me as she pulled away, before she did, she whispered, 'I love you,' I watched as she dragged herself up the stairs with guilt, but I wasn't mad, how could I be? It's not easy for either.

I swallowed, turning attention to my dad who was smirking down at me, 'You sick, little child,' he spat, bending down to come level with my face, 'you're a curse on this family do you hear?'

I said nothing.

I jumped as he slapped my face, ' I SAID DO YOU HEAR?' He shouted.

'Y-Yes s-sir,' I stammered, not sure what he was going to do to me.

My dad grinned menacingly, 'You deserve to be punished, your sick kind disgrace everything on this planet.' Backing away, he crossed his arms, 'Get up.'

I started getting up slowly but it wasn't fast enough.

'GET UP YOU SICK FAG!' He shouted, slapping me across the same place on my face again, the heat rushing to it as it stung.

I hurried to me feet and stood in front of the wall whilst he just stared at me, I was waiting.

—————————————
—————————————

Cyrus POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty good, very good in fact. What happened last night was incredible, just reliving it made my heart go all fuzzy. He's just so perfect. I checked my phone, no notifications, 9:00 am. Luckily it's a Saturday so I don't have to get up for another hour or so. I just lay there thinking of everything that happened over and over again. He makes me so happy. I decided to finally get up and ready. I did my teeth, got dressed and had breakfast by 10:30, still nothing. I brushed it off, he'll text me. I decided to text Buffy instead and see if she's around.