Chapter 26: Anniversary

Marty looking like an absolute LAD *distant echos* 'Oh! I get it...Salt!'
Warning, gay as fuck

TJ POV:

It was around 6:00 am when I finally decided to put the first part of my idea that I had been planning all night into action. Clicking the contact I had set up on my phone, I sent the text that would initiate everything.

TJ🏀: Hey dude, was wondering what you were doing with Buffy today?

Marty🏅: I was just planning to chill actually...

TJ🏀: Ok hold up, that pretty bold of you man, Buffy will be so mad if you don't do something!

Marty🏅: What are you and Cyrus doing then?

TJ🏀: I'm texting you to try and set it up! Basically, the plan is me, you, Buffy and Cyrus go to The Spoon together for breakfast as a kind of double date celebration thing I guess and then we go our separate ways and do our things...you need to come up with something fast bro or you're screwed

Marty🏅: I can do that! I'll text Buffy now. Kippen, you gotta help me out!

TJ🏀: Excuse me, I don't know shit about girls!

Marty🏅: I'm blanking

TJ🏀: Look mate, just google some shit or pick something from a movie you saw, that's the easiest way to go

I rolled my eyes at how stupid Marty was being, it's their anniversary for Christ sake! Buffy will be so mad at him if they don't do anything. I kept planning things and by 7 I was finished. Since I thought it wasn't too early now, I started running around the house searching for what I needed. CeCe, Who was sat in her dressing gown over her pyjamas, coffee mug in hand, looked at me with confusion, 'What are you doing?'

I stopped in my tracks, clutter filling my arms as I tried to look at her around it, 'I'm uhhh setting something up for my girlfriend,' why did I say that? WHY WOULD I SAY THAT? WHY DIDN'T I JUST GO WITH A NON GENDER SPECIFIC NAME. Why am I so fucking dumb? I swear to god. It was too late now, it just slipped out and I couldn't take it back.

CeCe smiled, 'Oh that's nice, didn't know you have a girlfriend,'

I nodded, 'It's been a month which is why I'm setting up this idk...thing,' I tried to stay calm and non suspicious despite the fact I was internally freaking out.

Leaving me alone, CeCe turned around in her seat, signalling the end of the conversation. Sighing in relief, I went back upstairs with my stuff, laying it across my bed and picturing it in my mind. I better text Cyrus.

TJ🏀: Hey, I was thinking me, you, Marty and Buffy could go to The Spoon for breakfast this morning together as a kind of double date thing? ❤️

Cyrus💛: I'm happy with that xxx

I smiled, step one of the day is in motion...now for the other thing. I showered and got ready before rushing downstairs and grabbing my keys from the side, 'I'm going out now!' I yelled to CeCe as I left the house. When I got to the destination, I laid out the things I had brought with me and started to work. It took me until 9 to set it up and I admired my work. Looks pretty good to me. Even better tonight. Hands in my pockets, I made my way to The Spoon to see Cyrus, Marty and Buffy already sat at a table. I sat beside Cyrus, kissing his cheek as he rested his head on my shoulder, 'Did you sleep well last night?' He asked but quietly so Marty and Buffy couldn't hear.

'Yeh, sure,' I lied, not wanting this to be about me, I wanted it to be about us. Then I thought Cyrus would be upset if I lied to him, even if he already knew I was, 'Actually...I didn't try to sleep, I've officially been up for 24 hours,'