Chapter 20: One bad thing to another

Cyrus POV:

'Cyrus!' My mother called from downstairs.

I immediately put my phone into my pocket and went down only to be greeted by her straightening my collar, 'Mom!' I groaned.

She smiled, 'What?, ' Cupping my face, she added, 'You look so handsome...my little baby is all grown up!'

I rolled my eyes, 'Can you not?' Licking her thumb, she tried to wipe something off my face before I swatted her away, 'Stop!'

'Fine!' She shrugged, going back to the kitchen where all the food and drinks were being prepared, 'Are Andi and Buffy coming?'

I nodded, 'I think so, why?'

Pulling out cups from the cupboard, she filled some with champagne and others with various fizzy drinks, 'I need to know how many glasses and packages I should be arranging of course! Not to mention the seating and all the other things I need to prepare-'

'Is dad coming?' I asked.

Mom shrugged, 'I invited him so yeh? I'll make extra things just in case...is TJ coming?'

I swallowed, 'I...didn't think he was aloud to come, why would he?'

She raised an eyebrow, 'Friends are welcome,'

'Ok, I'll know for next time,'

There was a pause, 'Unless...he's not your friend,'

'Mom,'

'What?'

I rolled my eyes again, 'I told you, he's straight,'

Her eyes widened, 'I know! I'm only teasing!'

I decided to change the subject, 'What's on the line up?'

She stopped pouring and set what looked like a dozen timers on the oven, 'Well...we have crisps: salt, salt and vinegar, Pepper and Prawn, Sandwiches: Butter, Jam, Chicken, lettuce And tomato, and egg mayonnaise, the usual snacks such as breadsticks, quiche, nuggets I also have some fish sticks going into the oven and finally some gefilte fish,'

I sighed, 'You know I hate that, so does Jonah,'

She stopped in her tracks, 'Is he coming?'

'Yes!'

'Rats!' She rushed around, realising that she now needed to prepare for an extra person.

The door bell went and knowing my mom is busy, I went to answer it. Andi, Buffy and Jonah were there, 'Hey Cy!' Andi smiled, handing over a packet of crisps she had brought with her.

'Hi guys!' Suddenly, there was a crash in the kitchen and we all jumped.

'IM FINE!' My mom yelled.

We burst into fits of laughter, 'You know how she gets,' I joked, 'Come in!'

Once we were all sat down, Buffy asked, 'Is TJ coming?'

I still haven't told her about us...but I knew she was talking about inviting him as my friend. Jonah however held a scowl on his face, 'Uhhh no! No I didn't invite him?'

Jonah perked up, 'Are you...not friends anymore?'

Buffy shoved him playfully, 'Jonah, come on,'

I smiled even though I was slightly annoyed and very much determined for all my friends to like TJ, 'Of course we're still friends! I just... didn't think he'd want to come to something like this,'

Jonah nodded but looked evidently disappointed.

Andi tried to cheer everyone up, 'Well...I can't wait to see your Aunt Ruthie! She's hilarious...'