Peculiar

When Anna entered the kitchen she found her sisters quietly talking to each other.

"What are you doing now?" Tina asked Queenie, as Anna crossed to one of the cabinets.

"I'm making some cocoa," Queenie responded, flicking her wand and making the warmed milk that was on the stove fly into two mugs.

"For who?" Tina questioned, suspicious. "You'll need three mugs – Anna's your sister too."

Queenie flashed her smile and twirled her wand, making the milk turn chocolate brown. "I just figured our guests would be more comfortable with something warm to drink."

Anna closed her eyes and sighed quietly to herself as she checked the small red kit for all the supplies that were usually there.

"Oh, I think that's a lovely idea," Tina said, putting on a misleading smirk.

Queenie grinned back at her, conjuring a carrying table and placing the mugs onto it. Tina advanced her and tapped her own wand on each mug and two spoons appeared and started to stir the drinks themselves.

Then taking the small tray that hung in the air, Tina continued to smile and stare at Queenie, who became disheveled at her sister taking over the task.

"I'll be glad to bring these to them."

Queenie gasped slightly, "But I was going . . ."

Tina went walking, pushing her aside, "We know you, Queenie. You just want to see that No-Maj."

Anna went to Queenie's side and put a hand on her shoulder, "You know the rules Queenie. No-Maj's and wizards don't mix. I'm really sorry." Then she went after her dark haired sister down the hallway, emergency kit in hand.

As she neared the spare bedroom, Anna could hear Tina talking to the men.

"I thought you might like a hot drink?"

Anna smiled to herself, but looked towards the floor as she entered the room behind Tina.

"Hey, Mr. Scamander –" Jacob said, putting down the wizarding book he was examining.

Anna snuck a glance to where the other man was. Mr. Scamander was tightly bound in his blankets, huddled on the bed. He was turned away from them, on his side.

Jacob was admiring the self-stirring spoon in the mug that Tina had just given him, "Look, cocoa!" He tried, being friendly.

Mr. Scamander didn't move a muscle, but remained fixed, staring at the wall. Tina seemed to be a bit irritated as she huffed and placed his mug on the side table by the bed.

"The toilet's down the hall to the right," she muttered.

"Thanks . . ." Jacob said, still holding onto the mug, warming his cold fingers, "Very much . . ."

Tina nodded to Anna, noticing the emergency kit, and left the room. Anna then took a few more steps to Jacob before saying quietly, "Would it be alright if I took a look at you, Mr. Kowalski?"

The No-Maj looked up at her with wide dazed eyes, "What?"

Anna advanced closer, her usual business voice coming through, "I'm a healer, Mr. Kowalski. I help wizards who are hurt."

"Like a doctor?" Jacob questioned.

Anna smiled, "Um . . . yes – like a doctor. I think I can help with your sweating and fatigue."

She went to sit on the edge of his bed, placing her kit on his bedside table and opening it. She produced her wand and also laid it onto the table, just in case. It wasn't until then that she noticed that Mr. Scamander had turned over and propped himself up a bit. He was leaning his head against the pillow, but was watching Anna's movements.