Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

She knew the feeling - the feeling of dread. The overpowering anticipation of fear or the worst happening. It is the empty pit in your stomach that pulsates shock throughout your limbs, that sucks your calm down that endless hole. When you're on edge constantly and sense that just around the corner something terrible is going to disrupt your entire existence.

It was the feeling that grew within her as the sickness developed and consumed her parents. The dread of what was going to happen when they unavoidably passed.

It was the same exact feeling that was creeping into her now as she gazed at her Newt fretfully.

He was hungrily tending to his gardens and herbs, hacking at infectious weeds and tilling the moist soil. The hard work distracted his mind and released his frustrations.

Now that their little clever idea of sending the clueless Jacob the leftover silver Occamy shells for collateral was over, there was nothing more he could use as reasons to stay any longer.

Adelaide made it a point to be supportive in getting Newt back to his true home, but there was that bit inside her that desperately wanted him to do anything else.

She gazed at his glistening arms and the beads of sweat dripping off his brow, she imagined his wavy hair sticking to his forehead. He hadn't stopped prepping his case since that day they ran into the city with the bag of Occamy shells.

Blowing out her lips, Anna slid off the counter in the shed and padded her way towards the gardens, "Newt?" she whispered.

He paused in his labors and huffed the stifling air of the case, "Yes, love?"

"You've been at it for hours, maybe you should take a break."

With his hands on his bent knees, Newt sighed, "You know I can't do that." And he hunched back over the potted plants that were already trimmed to perfection.

Adelaide bit her bottom lip and reached for his sweat-soaked shirt with a gentle hand, "And you know that I can't keep making up these excuses with you. You have things to tend to at home, in England."

He turned to face her, "I don't know what to say." His eyes flitted across the ground, anywhere to avoid her intense gaze, "I don't know... how am I supposed to just leave?"

Anna grasped his shoulders and searched his face until their eyes met, "Right now, it may not seem like the right thing to do, but you've been away long enough. And... we can always write."

That only seemed to deepen his frown. He pulled away from her and mumbled about taking a shower before ascending the ladder steps to the bathroom.

With a drawn sigh, Anna fell to the ground where she stood, almost immediately summoning Dougal to her side. The white-haired primate crawled into her lap and hugged her middle, making a distinct humming noise. She put her own arms around him and felt her eyes begin to burn - ever since Frank left, the case had been a bit harder to be in.

"What are we going to do, Dougal?"

His golden, amber eyes flitted to her face, observing her features. It was as if he was pouring into her thoughts and the idea made her giggle.

Suddenly his eyes flashed the most vibrant blue and he cocked his head to the side, his humming stopped.

"What did you see?" she inquired, "Anything I should be worried about?"

The Demiguise blinked a few more times before turning towards the ladder, taking Anna's hand and dragging her to stand with him. Within the next few seconds the case lid flew open and Tina's voice could be heard.