one

[one]
tattoo

ALEX SIGHED AS she placed her phone back in her pocket, placing her hands on her hips

"Nothing yet?" Scott questioned, his eyebrows raised as he rolled his sleeve up higher, preparing for the tattoo he was about to get on his arm.

"He hasn't been answering all night." Alex blew out a breath as she began to chew on her bottom lip nervously, worrying about her boyfriend.

"I'm sure he's probably just sleeping or something." Stiles shrugged, trying to change the subject as he looked away.

"Yeah...probably..." Alex quietly spoke with a frown.

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture." The tattoo artist spoke as he glanced at the picture Scott drew of two bands, one thicker than the other.

"Hey, Scott, you sure you don't want something like this?" Stiles questioned as he held up a picture of a mythical creature.

At Scott and Alex's glares, Stiles cringed. "Too soon? Yeah..."

"I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, y'know?" Stiles continued, running a hand through his hair, turning to face Alex. "Alex, back me up here."

Before Alex could reply, Scott chuckled. "I'm not changing my mind."

"Okay, fine, but why two bands?" Alex frowned.

"I just like it." Scott shrugged.

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning or something?" Stiles replied with a frown.

"Well, getting a tattoo means something." Scott spoke, Stiles huffing a chuckle at his response.

"I don't think that's-"

"He's right." The tattoo artist interrupted Stiles. Alex coughing to cover up her little chuckle at how Stiles' face fell.

"Tattooing goes back thousands of years." The man continued. "The Tahitian word 'tatua' means to 'leave a mark.' Like a rite of passage."

Alex raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, you see?" Scott agreed, a little surprised at the response. "He gets it."

"He's covered in tattoos, Scott." Stiles replied, his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed slightly. "Literally."

Alex mirrored his action, crossing her arms too as she watched the scene unfold.

"Okay, you ready?" The tattoo artist asked Scott, preparing the needle.

Scott nodded, clearing his throat.

"You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" The man questioned, Scott shaking his head.

"Nope."