thirteen

[thirteen]
anchors

THREE WEEKS HAVE passed since the group saved Stiles' dad, Scott's mom, and Allison's dad

Alex didn't tell anyone, not even Stiles and Scott, about the pain she experienced at the Nemeton, or at the clinic when Stiles, Allison, and Scott located their parents. She didn't see the need to, considering she didn't experience that same pain since those two occasions.

Alex's eyebrows furrowed as she turned her body around the other way. It was midnight, and the girl hadn't slept for three hours. She was only closing her eyes and hoping for sleep to take over. It didn't.

Alex groaned in annoyance as her eyes opened, the girl turning on her back so she was facing the ceiling.

Why can't I sleep all of a sudden? She thought to herself as she sighed. She glanced at her grey socks next to her bed. Maybe if I try wearing socks...

The girl frowned to herself, looking back up at the ceiling. What the hell is wrong with me.

She then stood up, getting out of her bed covers, putting on the grey socks, and walking down to her kitchen. She turned the lights on, walking over to the kettle and turning the switch on, the water beginning to boil.

Maybe all I need is tea. A nice, calming, sleep inducing cup of lavender tea. She thought to herself as she took out a tea bag and a mug. Hopefully this works.

Alex soon finished drinking her tea, the girl going back to her bed and taking her socks off, lying under the covers, her head resting on her pillow.

Alex tried to close her eyes, hoping the tea would work, however, her eyes opened almost immediately, the girl jolting up into a sitting position, gasping, her werewolf eyes flashing for a split second before going back to normal.

The pain returned, however, this time, instead of having chest pain, the pain shot through her head, Alex groaning as she held her hands to the sides of her head. Suddenly, she heard loud ringing in her ears.

The girl closed her eyes tightly as the ringing got louder.

Then, the pain suddenly went away. Alex removed her hands from her head slowly, opening her eyes again. What the hell just happened. Alex thought to herself.

••••

Stiles jolted up in his bed, gasping, Alex frowning as she sat up as well, still tired from sleeping. One of her arms was wrapped around Stiles' bicep, her other hand softly rubbing his forearm.

"You okay?" Alex's soft voice asked. "Stiles?"

Stiles exhaled a breath, calming down. "Yeah, I was just dreaming." His voice was raspy. "It was weird, it was like a dream within a dream."

Alex frowned, glancing at Stiles. "A nightmare?"

Stiles released a shaky breath, nodding as he placed his hand gently on top of Alex's, which was still on his forearm. "Yeah." Stiles intertwined his fingers with Alex's.