three

[three]
fireflies

ALEX PICKED UP her phone with a frown as she received a call from Lydia late at night

The werewolf had been studying at home alone, since both Derek and Scott went to try to find Boyd and Cora (Derek's sister), and Alex had decided she didn't want to go with them. She really couldn't be bothered.

"Lydia?" Alex questioned. She thought Lydia would have been sleeping by now, since the strawberry blonde had told the werewolf she couldn't study that night with her, as she wanted to get some extra sleep.

"Alex." Lydia's shaky voice replied from the other end. Alex frowned, immediately concerned.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked, her frown deepening when Lydia inhaled a nervous breath.

"I don't know what's happening, but you have to come here right now." Lydia replied, whimpering slightly and emphasising the last two words.

"What's happening?" Alex questioned, speaking again once she got no reply. "Lydia, what's going on?"

"Just- please, Alex. I don't know what's happening, but you have to get here now. I found a dead body." Lydia whispered the last part, her voice still shaky.

Alex had never heard the girl sound so terrified in her life.

"Send me the address, I'll get Stiles, and we'll be there soon, okay?" Alex quickly spoke, Lydia nodding, although Alex couldn't see. "It's okay, just don't panic, alright? I promise I'll be there soon."

"Okay." Lydia spoke, sniffling. "Just please hurry."

With that, Alex hung up, immediately calling Stiles. Within the second ring, the boy picked up. "Hey, Lex, what's up?"

"I'll be at your place in two minutes, get your Jeep ready." Alex spoke quickly, leaving her house and locking the door, beginning to run in the direction of Stiles' place as the two lived within walking distance of each other.

"Why? What's going on?" Stiles spoke from the other end, frowning at Alex's abruptness. "Not that I don't love seeing you daily because I absolutely do, don't get me wrong, but-"

"Lydia just called me and she said she found a dead body. She doesn't know what to do." Alex cut the boy off as she arrived at his place. "I'm here."

She hung up the phone as she approached the parked Jeep outside the Stilinski house. Stiles was already in the front seat, waiting for Alex to sit in the passenger side. The girl quickly opened the door, sitting down in the passenger seat, Stiles immediately starting the car once Alex closed the car door.