Chapter 62

never in my life did i think a story i wrote would get 5k reads, thank you guys so so so much!!!

to say a proper thanks, here's an extra long chapter for you, with a sprinkling of belaris :)

I start to wake up again when I hear a cry of pain from upstairs, and lift my head up when a figure emerges from the top level. I recognise who it is instantly, and I can't help the small smile that graces my lips.

As he climbs down the ladder, he stops, resting his head against the metal and taking a deep breathe before turning his head towards me. He's startled when he sees me awake, but it soon turns into a look of pure relief.

"Hi." His voice is quiet, as if he's trying to be gentle around me.

"Hi," I say back, just as quiet.

After a moment of just staring at one another, Bellamy moves off the ladder and walks towards me, crouching beside me.

"How are you feeling?" He helps me to sit up against the wall, carefully adjusting my ankle when need be.

"Like crap." I tell him, causing him to chuckle.

We're both silent for a while, not looking at each other as we just sit in each other's company.

"You really are trouble, you know that right?" He says eventually, looking up at me with his big, brown eyes.

"A little trouble never hurt nobody."

"You got hurt."

"I'm okay." I tell him, "really, I am." I shift awkwardly, "Clarke said I can get out of here today."

"She did?"

I nod. "I'm not sure how long she's gonna be though, and it's hard to move by myself, yanno?"

Bellamy nods, looking down at my ankle. "You really did a number on yourself. Sprained ankle and a concussion."

"Next I'll have a broken arm." I joke, before my smile fades. "What's the situation with the grounder?"

Bellamy sighs, "I don't think we should talk about it yet, you're not well."

"I feel fine." I roll my eyes, "I heard someone cry out, was it him? The grounder?"

"No, that was Miller."

"Miller? Wh--"

"It doesn't matter." Bellamy shakes his head whilst I purse my lips.

"Hey," I nudge my arm with his, "thanks for breaking my fall."

"You remember that?" He looks up at me with a frown and I shake my head.

"No, but I remember that I didn't hit the floor, my head would be hurting a lot more right now if I had." I shrug and smile at him, "if anyone was gonna catch me it would've been you."

Bellamy chuckles, "just don't make me do it again, you're actually heavier than you look."

I gasp and hit his arm, causing him to bark out a laugh. "Jackass," I mumble before chuckling.