Chapter 97

"We've got twenty five rifles with twenty rounds each, give or take." Bellamy says as he, myself, Clarke, Finn and Raven stand around the camp model inside the drop ship, figuring out a battle plan.

"Roughly five hundred rounds of ammo. While you two were gone," he gestures to Clarke and Finn, "we made some improvements. Thanks to Raven, the gully's mined."

"Partially mined," Raven corrects, strain in her voice from the pain she's in. "Thanks to Murphy."

"Still," Bellamy nods, "it's the main route in. If the Grounders use it, we'll know. She also built grenades."

"That's not many." Clarke frowns, looking at the few canisters in the box.

"Again," Raven says bitterly, "thank you, Murphy."

"We'll make them count." Bellamy puts the grenade down carefully. "If the Grounders make it through the front gate, guns and grenades should force them back."

"'Should' being the scary part." I mutter.

Clarke looks around and raises an eyebrow expectantly, "and then?"

"Then we close the door and pray," Raven tells her.

"And pray what? That the ship keeps them out? Because it won't."

"Then let's not let them through the gate." Bellamy says with determination, lifting up his radio. "All foxholes listen up. Keep your eyes and ears open. Inflict casualties—as many as possible. You can hold them off long enough to make them turn back. That's the plan."

"That's always your plan." Finn speaks up. "Just like the bomb on the bridge."

"The bomb worked." I say quietly.

"Damn right," Bellamy nods and looks at Finn. "You got a better idea?"

I sigh and run my right hand over my forehead, an uneasy feeling churning in my stomach.

We don't have enough ammo and we're incredibly outnumbered. If we make it out of this alive, it'll be a damn miracle.

"It can't be that simple," Clarke whispers, staring intensely at the model. She turns to Raven with the look of a plan brewing in her mind. "You said there's fuel in those rockets, right? Enough to build a hundred bombs."

"I also said we got no gunpowder left." Raven says.

Clarke shakes her head, "I don't wanna build a bomb. I wanna blast off."

"Blast off?" I repeat, confused and glancing between them.

"Draw them in close," Raven starts to slowly smile. "Fire the rockets. A ring of fire."

"Barbecued Grounders," Bellamy nods. "I like it."

"Will it work?" Finn asks.

Raven takes a second to think. "The wiring's a mess down there, but...yeah. You give me enough time, I'll cook them real good."

"All right." Bellamy nods. "You three get started on that. Carter," he looks over at me briefly and then looks away, "stay out of trouble."