Chapter 86

"What the hell do you mean, 'you're not going'?"

"I mean," Bellamy turns to face me, the drop ship around is swarming with kids, "that you're not going hunting."

I open my mouth to argue but Bellamy beats me to it.

"You said it yourself, the camp needs someone to stay here and take charge. No one else is better at that than you."

"Aside from you and Clarke you mean," I fold my arms across my chest, my tempter slowly rising.

Always third best. It's always Finn, Raven then Christine. Now it's Bellamy, Clarke the rest of the camp, and then Christine.

I push the taunting voice from my head, "why can't she stay behind? She's not a hunter."

"She is standing right here," Clarke comes over to us, looking between the pair of us worryingly. "What's going on?"

"What's going on?" I repeat sourly, "what's going on is that King Bellamy here is ordering me to stay at camp while the rest of you go hunting, EVEN THOUGH we all know I'm a better hunter than most of those guys going out, including you." I add on at the end after a breath, "no offence."

Clarke suddenly looks uncomfortable, glancing at Bellamy quickly. "None taken," she says to me. "Well since this actually has nothing to do with me, I'm gonna leave you guys to it."

She scurries away, leaving Bellamy to say, "thanks for the moral support," when she does.

I narrow my eyes at Bellamy, "you can't tell me what to do, Blake."

"Yes I can," he says firmly. The drop ship is now thinning out as gunners and hunters make their way outside. "Stop making this into a big deal, Carter."

"It is a big deal," I say to him. "It's about you still not trusting me, you never trust me!"

"I do trust you," both of our voices start to rise, our egos and tempers both as big as each other's. "I just can't have unpredictable, accident prone, Carter running around the woods with a gun, especially after what happened last time!"

"What the hell did you just call me?" I say through clenched teeth. By now, the drop ship is empty except for the two of us.

Bellamy's eyes twitch as they flicker with an emotion I can't quite decipher, irritation maybe. His nostrils flare as he breathes out heavily, his posture remaining stiff. His voice is a lot calmer but his words still sound strong.

"You're not going, and that's final."

"You don't have any right—!"

"I have every right!" Bellamy yells louder than me, stepping closer to me with his height towering over mine but I don't back down, despite a tiny voice in my head telling me to. "I am responsible for this entire camp and that includes you whether you like it or not, Chris. So for your own goddamn sake, stay here."

"Ugh, B-Bellamy?"

"What?" Bellamy turns and snaps at some kid sent in from Bellamy's hunting group.

"We're uhm, all ready to go?"

"Wait outside," Bellamy snaps again turning back to face me with a stern look on his face as the kid practically sprints out of the drop ship.

"Chris, if I come back and find out that you've left this camp I swear to god I'll—"

"You'll what?" I hiss, stepping forward, at this point we're very close, but I'm too caught up in the moment to back down. "Hang me from a tree? Banish me from camp?"

Listing the punishments Bellamy has given other wrong-doers only seems to anger him further, but his voice reflects otherwise.

"You really think I'd do that to you?"

It takes a lot in me not to scoff, "wouldn't you?"

Bellamy, suddenly with not irritation, but a form of hurt in his eyes, swings his gun onto his back, slots an axe into his belt, and picks up the last remaining spear all in about 2 seconds flat.

Without another word he exits the drop ship, leaving me standing there still simmering.

Bellamy Blake really knows how to push my buttons.

okay but the sexual tension is just OOZING from this chapter and i actually think i might cry cos i added like 3 kiss scenes but deleted them all cos i ~still think it's too soon~

vote and comment what you think!