Introduction

Texas Southern University

Megan

I walked out of my Nursing Practice and Theory class with one of my best friends, Sandra.

"Whatchu about to do?" Sandra asked before popping her gum as we walked out of the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences building.

"I gotta go to work." I sighed before rolling my eyes.

"Girl, I told you about that waitress shit. You deserve way more than you getting paid baby. Do me a favor, call in to your job and quit. You gonna work with me." She said with a confident smile.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Dancing."

"Dancing?" I questioned.

"Yes, an exotic dancer, stripper, whatever you wanna call it baby. With your body you could make the same amount of money you make in a month in one night at the club."

I went wide eyed. I do need the money. Between tuition, trying to keep my little raggedy ass Honda fixed, other school expenses, I could definitely use the money.

Sandra and I walked over to the school parking lot where we had our cars parked.

"Follow me and you'll be making a grand every night."

She hit the alarm on her BMW and got in while smirking at me.

Stay broke or put my talents to use?

Without much thought, I went over to my raggedy hooptie and opened the driver's side door and got in. I started it up with the engine knocking and all, and turned on my radio. Sandra beeped her horn and I beeped back as she pulled out of her parking space. Meg is about to get paid.