8.

Beyoncé

I sat in the break room of the back part of the prison and ate my lunch. While in the middle of eating, I received an unknown phone call. I smiled, knowing it had to be Meg.

I answered the phone and heard the automated voice asking if I would like to accept the collect call from Harris County Jail. Of course, I accepted the call and when I heard Meg's voice I melted in my seat.

"Hello, Bey."

"Meg, baby, how are you?" I asked, excitedly.

"Pretty good, now that I'm getting out next week." She chuckled.

"I'm so proud of you, so what day is your release so I can pick you up?" I questioned.

"Umm...Friday, Friday Bey. So, how are you and my baby?" She asked.

I giggled. "Your baby is doing great. She's getting so big Meg."

"Girl I can see. She's smart ain't she?"

"Yup, so advanced. She's doing things by herself now, like turning over and holding her bottle herself. The doctor said she's very smart."

"Of course, her mother is smart." She spoke.

I was grinning so hard. "Are you flirting with me Stallion?" I asked.

She chuckled. "You know me better than that. If you have to ask then what does that mean?"

"Yes." I laughed. "How much time do we have left?" I asked her. I hate how they time the calls, it's like I never get enough time to talk to her.

"Two minutes gorgeous."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. Harris County be on some bullshit.

"So they finally decided to let y'all use the phones?" I asked.

"Yeah, you know with that lockdown they took away everyone's privileges. Niggas getting restless, fighting and arguing over any and everything Bey. It's crazy." She sighed.

"I'm so glad you're smart and stick to yourself Stalli. You finished the books I sent you?"

"Yeah, I go to the library now and check out books."

I nodded. "You need any more commissary for next week?"

She laughed. "No Bey, I have more than enough from the amount you gave me a month ago and then sent me two weeks ago."

I giggled. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure you're good and not eating that nasty ass shit babe."

"I know, I know."

We both heard a beeping noise and sadness draped over my entire body.

"Alright, twenty seconds babe, keep doing good at FDC Houston and tell my baby I said hi and that I miss her and love her. I miss you too Bey and I love you, I'll see you next Friday."

"See you next Friday and I love you too Meg. Bye."

"Bye baby."

The phone call cut off and I sighed and wiped the tears that were filling my eyes. I miss Meg so much, I just really hope we can go back to how we were.

After taking a couple of minutes to get myself together, I started eating again and got a text. I saw it was my baby daddy, so I unlocked my phone and went to his message thread.

             👶🏽Baby Daddy🧔🏽

                        Wassup Bey? I'll be by to pick up Princess at 7