👁️ Chapter 12👁️

"Good morning children." Olivia said cheerfully. As the children began to wake, they had decided to go to the taxi first so Jacques could get changed. It would be a lot easier to get to the Baudelaire's new home when Jacques wasn't looking like Count Olaf.

"Morning." The children replied sleepily as they began to get up.

"What's the time?" Isadora asked.

"8:15" Olivia informed her, glancing at her watch.

"How did you sleep?" Jacques asked the children.

"Much better than we have the past week." Duncan replied on behalf of Isadora as well. When the children were fully awake Jacques and Olivia began to explain the plan.

"Well we better get going." Klaus said once the plan had been explained to them.

"Yeah, the sooner we go the less chance we have of running into Olaf." Violet added. Everyone stood up and began to unblock the entrance.

"Snicket." Came a sinister voice. "We know you're nearby, you couldn't have gone to far after our encounter last night." Jacques and Olivia looked at each other and nodded. They swiftly led the children behind some of the boxes to hide.

"Maybe you are hiding," Olaf continued

"maybe with your little librarian." Olivia felt Jacques put his hand around her waist, whilst she saw him make a fist with the other.

"You mean his little girlfriend?" Esmé added in smugly. At this Olivia blushed a little, she realised that they must have been watching last night when Jacques kissed her. She saw the children looking at her suspiciously.

"Ignore them." She whispered. Olivia peeked through a gap in the boxes and began to panic. Her bag was still there with the book sticking out.  She began to get up when Jacques grabbed her hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"My bag." Was her only response before she continued to get up, she felt Jacques let go of her hand. She crept towards her bag and quickly picked it up before returning to the hiding spot. She felt Jacques' hand go back to her waist. They could still hear Olaf and Esmé walking around beneath them.

"Darling," they heard Esmé whisper. They waited to hear something else but they heard nothing. Untill there was a sudden crash as Olaf and Esmé came up into thier hideout.

"We know you're up here Snicket." Olaf spat "and we know you and your girlfriend took those twins." Olivia saw the Baudelaires grit thier teeth at that statement and the Quagmires rolled thier eyes. They all held thier breath as the two villans searched the room.

"Police!" Came a voice from outside. The villans looked afraid for a second before remembering that they meant them.

"I guess we will have to tell them that Olaf escaped, along with his accomplice." Olaf said with a smirk before going back down the stairs.