👁️ Chapter 23👁️

A few more hours had passed and they were back at Hector's house and were all relaxing in the barn after having lunch. The older children were quietly talking.

Meanwhile Sunny had begun to fall asleep, her head resting on Olivia's lap. Olivia continued to read her book, Jacques had just gone to answer the phone when Inky slithered up to Olivia. She put her book down and reached out to the snake which wrapped its tail around her hand.

"Hello." She said quietly. Inky moved closer to Sunny. "I'm sorry, I know you want to play with Sunny but we should let her rest." Olivia continued.

"Isn't that conversation a little one sided?" Jacques asked jokingly.

"A little." Olivia replied with a smile."what was the call about."

"It was Larry, he was just letting us know that Jacquelyn has the sugar bowl." He explained sitting down next to Olivia.

"That's good." Olivia said when Sunny moved a little In her sleep, Olivia turned towards the toddler. "Hey, it's ok go back to sleep." She whispered. Sunny settled down a little as Olivia quietly sung a lullaby.

"Is that song you sing with your siblings?"

"More one I sing to the children in the village to calm them down after my brother had got them over-excited." Jacques chuckled.

"I thought your brother was older than you."

"Not mentally." She snickered.They sat quietly as Olivia began to drift off, she was happy to feel included for once.
****
I'm sorry this is a real short chapter again but thanks for reading it anyway. ❤️