👁️ Chapter 25👁️

Olivia's mind was racing with questions. How did he get here? How much does Olaf know? And most importantly, what's going to happen to Nathan? She snapped back to reality when Olaf began to speak.

" This man is an accomplice of Count Olaf and will be punished." He said in his idiotic accent. Nathan rolled his eyes at this comment before they landed on Olivia, he looked shocked before a small smile formed on his face. Olivia put one finger to her lips to let him know to act as if he didn't know her.
Isadora suddenly spoke up.

"How do you know he is an accomplice of Count Olaf?" At this both villans gritted thier teeth before Esmé answered.

"We found him looking through the window of a shop, he was clearly planning on stealing food for Olaf."

"For the last time I wasn't going to steal anything," Nathan spoke up, "I was just looking for someone."

"And who might that be?" Olaf asked with a smirk. Nathan gave Olivia a quick glance as Jacques grabbed her hand which she took gratefully.

"A friend." He answered vaguely.

"What does this friend look like?" Nathan paused for a second before answering.

"She has long blonde hair, brown eyes and is rather small." He described. Olivia's heart ached, she knew straight away that he was describing thier older sister, she held on to Jacques hand a little tighter.

"And are you and this friend close?" Esmé asked with a smirk.

"She is like a sister to me." Nathan replied, hiding his tears from everyone except Olivia.

"Well that's sweet, but we don't have time for made up stories." Olaf interrupted."he will be burned at the stake tomorrow morning."

"No!" Olivia cried before she could stop herself. Olaf and Esmé glared at her.

"Is there something you wish to say?" Esmé asked.

"Yes, I mean if Olaf is still on the lamb wouldn't it be better to keep the accomplice alive. He could help you find Olaf."

"That's a good point." One of the elders said, " keep him alive, but make sure he is locked up. We can't have any other prisoners escaping."

"Fine." Olaf growled and with that he took Nathan to the jail. Everyone walked back to Hector's house.

"It's going to be okay." Jacques said gently. Olivia did nothing but nod her head and focus on putting one foot in front of the other. It wasn't untill they got back and her and Jacques were alone that she sank to the ground and sobbed.