3. Proud of you x

A/N: Just pretend that this is a picture of you and draco cuddling (880 words)

Draco's POV:

My breathing was becoming unsteady and I felt my throat burning. My hands began to shake and my vision became blurry with tears. Moonlight through the window was hitting my face. There was no way I would let y/n see me weak, I had to be strong for us. My dad had been putting mountains of pressure on me and I know he didn't approve of our relationship. All I wanted was to make him proud. I turned away from y/n in bed. It was over the summer holiday and I was spending a week away from my family at her house. her parents liked me a lot more than my own and I felt secure in her bed as we slept within each other's grasp. 

 I felt her shift around as well, but she was definitely asleep and I was definitely broken. I quietly let out a pained cry and felt the first of many tears fall down my cheeks. I clenched my fist and pushed my head deeper into the pillows.

"Dray? Are, are you crying?" I heard y/n softly call to me. Shit, I must have woken her up. I hate myself.

"No, no. I'm ok." Clearly, I did not sound ok. Even I could hear the pain in my voice. I sniffled loudly. She didn't say anything or laugh at me as I expected. That's what my dad would always do. She scooted over to me and rubbed my back. I whimpered and folded my arms to try to contain the tight scream around my chest.

"I'm here for you, I love you Draco." She whispered and I felt another huge tear drip down. I wiped the tears away before slowly turning over to her. her eyes gently fluttered open. "There's my guy." She smiled and placed her hand on my cheek. I tried to smile back but I soon felt more tears flow out. I buried my face in her neck and she let me sob into her chest. She continued to rub my back and started to run her hands through my hair.

"I'm so sorry, y/n. I don't want you to see me like this. I have to be strong for you." I wasn't talking, I was more mumbling as I sobbed. I swallowed and felt sharp pain.

"Shh, it'll be ok. You have nothing to be sorry for. You're always so strong for me, now it's time for me to take care of you." She kissed my forehead. "What's up tonight?"

"Oh, only everything," I said and sobbed more, "but especially all the bloody stupid stuff with my father. I hate that I can never make him proud. I just want him to be proud." I felt my shirt that y/n was wearing getting soaked and I'm sure it was starting to get on her chest. She didn't say anything, she just let me rant.

"Of course Draco. You're not stupid to feel that way. Your father should be proud of the amazing man you are. And if he isn't, I sure am. No one else in the whole world can ever be as amazing as you are to me. I couldn't survive without you." I looked up into her eyes. She nodded happily.

 I wanted to smile at her and let her know how much she meant to me, but I felt my eyes shove more tears down my face. She sadly held my face and I let her wipe away all of the painfully hot tears. Soon I couldn't cry anymore. My throat was on fire, my nose was stuffed and my whole body ached. I looked to the ceiling, completely numb.

y/n took my hand from beside my hip and squeezed it tightly. Now that I was done with tears, all I wanted to do was punch my dad. I tensed my whole body, ground my teeth and held my fingers in a tight fist.

"Draco, you need to relax." y/n said softly. She kissed my jaw and gently pulled my fingers apart.

"I just hate him so much y/n, I don't want him in my life anymore."

"Your dad?" She asked. I nodded quickly. "You can't let him control you, you're your own man. Right now you're in a whole different town as him, he can't hurt you. And remember I'm protecting us." She lifted up my arm and snuggled next to my armpit. I think I felt myself smile slightly. She noticed I was still very tense so she used her leg to pull me closer to her, she ruffled my hair and then held onto my hand as she started to drift off in my arms.

"Hey y/n?" I asked quietly, my throat still scratchy.

"yeah Draco?" she rubbed her thumb against mine.

"Did you say you loved me earlier?" 

"Yeah, I guess I did," and she chuckled.

"Well, I love you too y/n. you mean the world to me."

"Aww," was all she could manage before she fell soundly back asleep. I relaxed into the bed and slept comfortably knowing I could get through anything with her.