8. 3 am Shenanigans

A/N: Sooo cuteee! (1000 words)

You woke up to an empty bed, cold without the man you loved next to you. You patted in the darkness but found it bare. You groaned and looked at the clock; 2:37 am. It was pitch black and the wind was howling outside, making you shiver. You threw off your heavy blanket and stumbled to the hallway. No lights were on in the house. You heard soft cooing and crept over into the living room. 

From the couch, you could barely make out a dark figure holding something close to its chest. You moved closer and felt the floorboards creak under your bare feet. The figure moved. 

"y/n?" said a groggy voice.

"Draco?" you whispered. 

"Yeah, what are you doing up sweetheart?" He shifted on the sofa so you could sit. 

"You weren't there to keep me warm," you sat next to him, knees touching. 

"I'm sorry," he kissed your forehead, "it's just this guy started crying and I didn't want you to have to wake up." He tilted his head to the bundle in his hands. 

A sleeping baby, your baby, was being cradled in his arms. You felt a smile appear on your face as your eyes adjusted to the darkness to see your two favorite boys in your life. A messy-haired Draco, and a soft Scorpius. 

Scorpius arrived almost two months ago, but they felt like two days. You loved him with all your heart. Draco had been perfect too. He was there through it all, like a guardian angel. The little kid you had fallen in love with was now a grown man, and you loved him as much as you loved him that first day. You glanced over to the fireplace. Even though you couldn't see it, you knew on the mantle there was a picture of you and Draco on your wedding day, smiling and smearing cake on each other. Life was perfect. 

Scorpius scrunched up his face and started to squirm. Within seconds the beautiful, sleeping bundle of joy was now a wiggling, crying demon. Draco sighed and started to rock him in his arms, but Scorpius didn't stop crying. You placed your hand on Draco's back. 

"Need me to take over my love? You deserve some sleep," you asked. 

"Sleep would be wonderful." He said and delicately passed your child over. You brushed your hand on his cheek and kissed his squirming face. "How did I get so lucky?" You heard Draco mutter under his breath. You happily kissed your husband's cheek and then stood up. You gently bounced Scorpius while singing to him softly. Draco was still sitting on the couch.

Well, it's alright, it's alright. 

Who are you and me to say what's wrong or what's right? 

Do you still feel like me? Well sit down here and we shall see.

It was a song your dad would sing to you. Scorpius started to calm down and looked into your tired eyes as you sang. Finally, after enough bouncing, he stopped crying and slowly reached out his hand to touch your cheek. You smiled, feeling happy tears arrive. 

Draco sleepily walked over and wrapped his hands around your waist, putting his face in your neck. The three of you swayed to the song in your dark living room at nearly 3 am.

We can talk and find common ground.

And we can just forget about feeling down, we can just forget about life in this town.  

You felt Draco hum along to the song on your skin and when it was over he kissed your neck slightly, giving you goosebumps. Scorpius had drifted back to sleep so you could finally relax. 

"I'm gonna put him in his crib, you go to bed mister," you whispered and turned around to face Draco. 

"But you're sooo comfy," he said with his eyes closed and ran his hands through his hair. You giggled and slowly walked to Scorpius's room. You heard Draco's footsteps behind you stop as you entered his room. 

You placed your darling baby in his crib and gently gave him his favorite toy owl. It reminded you and Draco of Hogwarts, making you feel nostalgic and a little melancholy. You admired Scorpius snuggling into it. You sighed and then turned around to head to your room. 

Once you had quietly closed the door to the nursery, you felt Draco take your hands. It made you jump slightly. He pulled you into his chest and wrapped his hands around your shoulders, creating a tight hug. You hugged his torso and closed your eyes.

"You're the best mother in the entire world," he said as he kissed the top of your head. 

"And you're the best father. I couldn't have done this without you." You said into his shirt. 

"Well without me, Scorpius wouldn't exist," he said slyly. You blushed slightly but chuckled. 

"Touché." You pulled out of the hug.  "I'm going to fall asleep in your arms right now if I dont get to bed." 

"Allow me to escort you," Draco said and took your hands once more. He gently pulled you into the bedroom and pushed you onto the bed with a grin. He closed the door silently and tiptoed toward you. He got onto the bed on his side and threw the blanket over both of you. 

"I love you," you said and turned to face him. 

"I love you more," he said and grabbed your waist to pull you closer. 

"I find that hard to believe." You said and raised an eyebrow playfully. Draco leaned in and kissed you, moving a hand onto your warm jaw. You put both hands on his cheeks and groaned when he pulled away. 

"You mean the world to me y/n. The joy you've brought me is unmeasurable and without you, I wouldn't have been able to be the best father in the world." He looked into your eyes, which were now unable to see straight. 

"Anything for my love," you said and kissed him softly before rested your head in his neck and finally getting some much-needed rest.