7.

After we came from the mall we headed back home. We got to the crib and my brothers and dad was inside.
"Hey daddy" I jumped on my dad I'm such a daddy's girl and everyone knows that.

"Hey babygirl You was my little rider yesterday" he said as he held me laughing.

I got down from him and hugged my brothers and mom.

"Wassup wit you Jay. How was college?" My dad said while he dapped him up.

"I'm good pops. It's the best experience." Jay said

"That's wassup but Aaliyah gonna catch up with you later we got some shit we gotta talk about young blood" my dad said dapping him up again.

"Okay sir I'll see y'all later." Jay said walking out and closing the door.

Soon as Jay left I stood up and went off.

"What the fuck was that lastnight!? And why did everybody seem so calm and act like y'all knew this was going to happen?" I snapped

"Ayo who the fuck you raising your voice at? Huh? You better sit the fuck down and listen." My dad snapped at me back.

I sat down and let him finish talking.

"Now listen, my block been hot this last few months and your dippy ass brother got caught up with them Southwest niggas and I had to handle my business." He said

"You mean shoot somebody? Yeah I been told.. you know the streets talking. Dad I thought we left that shit behind us!?" I said.

"Again Aaliyah I don't want to have to tell you again. Lower your fucking voice." He said

"The cops don't even know anything about me dealing with southwest. They worried about the drugs. Now what Aaliyah said about the streets is talking because they is. So ima need y'all to watch y'all back. Meaning ALWAYS have protection on you." He said.

"Babe you know I stay with my tazer. I don't play" my mom added.

"No you need something better than that. Y'all think I'm playing. They going to try us. When it comes to my family I have to protect y'all by any means." My dad said

We all looked at my dad worried.. what did I come home to? I never had a gun or any weapons in my whole life! one thing happen and now I have to have a gun. This isn't my lifestyle, I never wanted to be apart of this. If anything I wanted to get away.

"So y'all understand what I'm saying? Just try to stay away from southwest."

"Okay dad." I said as I walked upstairs.

I went to my room and slammed my door. I just can't believe this is happening. Everything is just happening to fast for me. While I was sitting on my bed just thinking I got a text from Heem. 

"Wsp young." - Heem
"Hey, I can't make it tonight, I'm sorry 😕"
"Why wsp? You good?" - Heem
"Just going through a lot right now."
"I wanna see you. Can I come through? We can talk about it ma." - Heem
"Yeah you can but not rn."
"Just text me when it's the best time." -Heem

I put my phone down and just look up to the Ceiling. My mind was going everywhere. Then I hear a knock on my door and it was my dad.

"Hey babygirl." My dad said walking in.

"Hey dad. I didn't mean to go off like that but I'm so tired of living this lifestyle like we moved out the hood but it seems like the shit keeps coming back to us? I just can't do this." I said and tears was falling down my eyes.

"Babygirl come here, I didn't want to put my family through this but listen this is some shit I got myself into and I'm going to get out. After this I'm done with da streets this is starting to hurt my family." My dad said holding me.