Chapter 2: Visit||

Astrid's View:

Charlie was looking at me. I felt a bit of guilt but I stood up and slammed my helmet on the floor. Everyone got startled.

"What the fuck! I'm Captain!"  I said.

"It's says on the paper. Calm down little lady". Dwayne said trying to calm me down.

"Oh I will. I'm going to talk to Coach. Be right back guys".

I gave Charlie and apologetic look and he just looked down. I felt bad for him. It isn't fair for me to be captain when Charlie has been one for years. I went to Coach Orion's room and barged in. Not caring to knock.

"Santos. What do you need?" He said confused at why was here.

"Why am I captain? Charlie is the captain not me. I can't do that to him!" I said.

"Santos. You showed me today in practice that you are a very good and talented player. You were supposed to be in Varsity. But since I know your record of short temper and anger problems I decided to leave you here with Ducks. They at least need one good player In this team because banks isn't going to be there". He explained. I was shocked. Me. Varsity. Oh hell no. He then continued. "So being Captain is what was going to be best for you and the ducks". He said. Me. Captain. Hell no. At of all things. no.

"But you could of at least let me be first line or something. Charlie is the Captain. And that's it". I said practically fuming.

"Alright. How bout we do this? You are first line Center and not captain. I'll then see who
Will get to be captain. If Charlie really wants to be captain he needs to show me he can be one. Is that clear Santos?" He told me.

"Yes. Thank you. Charlie is a good person to be captain. I'll tell him. Thanks". I then got out and went to the dressing rooms. I opened the door and went inside. Everybody was looking at me. I just ignored them and began to take off my gears. Everybody noticed and began to mind their business before Averman spoke up.

"What did you tell the new coach Astrid?" Everyone looked at me waiting for my response.

"I told him I didn't want to be Captain. That Charlie should. So we agreed to me being First line Center and if Charlie shows him he wants to be captain and be one than he could regain the title back again". Everybody cheered for Charlie. He looked up from the ground and smiled at me. I just nodded. "Oh and he also told me why I was chosen to be captain. Apparently I was supposed to be in Varsity but thanks to my Short temper and anger issues he decided I could stay." Everybody looked stunned.

"So you are telling me that you made Varsity. But didn't go because of your issues." Goldberg said. I just nodded.

"Damn". Russ said.

We all continued to what we were doing. We were all done and one by one they started leaving. I was going to leave before Charlie got a hold of my arm.

"Wait for me."  He asked. I nodded and went outside and sat on one of the bus benches where they wait. I wanted to go to Hans after practice. As I was waiting I saw a figure walk towards me and sit next to me. I looked up and saw Cj Owens. He was the kid back in new York who Luis and my whole team the wavers said he liked me. I didn't believe them. And I didn't like him either.

"Hey". Cj said.

"Hi Cj right?" He nodded. "What are you doing here in Eden Hall?" I said slightly confused.

"Oh I got accepted here. I tried for Varsity hockey And I made it. I didn't know you were going to be here". He said.

"Oh I got a scholarship for Jv hockey. I'm here with the ducks and my boyfriend". I told him.