Chapter 8:Funeral||

Astrid's View:

I woke up dreading this day. Today was the day of Hans funeral. I don't know if I could manage even getting up. I feel sad but not enough to be depressed. Thank god for Jesse. Cause or else i would of been a chaotic mess.

Jesse stayed over. He put me to sleep. The whole team was shocked that he even did. Luis had trouble putting me to sleep and so did Guy, and Averman. Let's just say I couldn't sleep if my life depended on it. The whole team stayed in my room. Everyone was spread out. They were there the whole night. Since it was the first time they saw me like this. I never cry. I don't show emotions. It's just not me. I always keep my head up high but I lost it when I found out the news.

Right now I was getting ready for the funeral.

//at the funeral//

We were in the funeral. I was crying in Jesse's arms as he was holding me. I was the one who was breaking down. I saw Charlie look over at me with sadness as Jesse glared at him. Knowing what he did.

"Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed thy name, forgive our trespass against us". The priest preached.

"Excuse me One second". Bombay came out of no where. He began to place Hans Duck jersey in the casket. He was there through the step of the way. From what I heard from the ducks. You could tell coach was holding back tears. "Every time you touch the ice, remember it was Hans who taught us to fly". He looked at the whole team. He looked at me sympathetically.

"Can I say a word? Please". I tried to choke out.
The priest nodded.

"Hans was one of the most important people in my life. He knew me since I was very young. When I was only 2 in fact. Along with Jan. He always had a way with words. He was one of a kind..he was very wise in the mind. He taught me how to tie my skates. To ice skate. To hold a hockey stick. To put on my gear. He taught me many things. When I used to live here but moved. He was there at the end of the day waiting for me if I ever fell down. Always welcoming me with a warm embrace and sweet smile." I started to tear up. Words trying to come out. But I did it. "Hans always listened to my problems". I looked at Charlie. He looked down. "He always was there waiting to listen to someone who didn't have the best day. He was one of those people I could confide to. I swear In a another life me and Hans could of been best friends. I cried when I was told the news. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Hans will always be a piece of my heart, my mind and soul. The realest duck any of us could have ever known". I finished. Knowing if I continued I would break down even worse. But I kept my posture. Everyone clapped and I went to go hug Luis this time. He just stood there holding me. They lowered his casket and I couldn't dare to look. Minute later the ceremony ended.

Coach pulled me aside and hugged me.

"You are one of the strongest people I know. I wouldn't be able to speak". Coach said.

"I'm sorry Coach. Last time we spoke I wasn't too nice. I'm sorry. Like Hans once told me Forgiveness is not about letting someone off the hook for their actions but freeing ourselves of negative energies that blind us to them." I spoke.

"I forgive you Astrid. I know you didn't mean it. That's just how you are". He side hugged me.

I was going to walk over to the team when Charlie stopped me.

"Astrid we need to talk". He pleaded.

"You made it clear to stay away from you and never talk to you. So what's different now?"

"I lost Hans. I need you by my side".

"How can you be that selfish Conway? Didn't you just see me. I made a whole speech for Hans and was about to break down. I bet you I'm more worse than you."

"I understand. But I just need someone to be there and I-". He began to cry. I pulled him in a hug.

"I dislike you Conway. The world doesn't revolve around you Charlie but in my eyes they do and I hate you for that". And we stood like that in each other's arms and he cried in my neck while I was sobbing with my head on top of his.

In that instance I knew we were toxic For each other. Plain toxic. But that's why we love each other. We said it before. It's who we are as a whole. But we are the Moon and the Sun. I'm covering his beautiful rays of sunshine and letting it cry for once.

Right now was our eclipse.

We shadowed each other's sorrow into each other's and created something only people get in a life time.

And that's love.

I have him. The world doesn't revolve around him but in my eyes they did.