Chapter 4: Gut feeling||

Astrid's View:

Today was the first game as the team Being named and playing as Warriors. I had another gut feeling that it isn't going to go as expected. I had class and so on.

I got ready and put on High waisted skinny jeans with a white flannel tucked in. And my curly black hair loose.

The day passed by simple and quick and I had no problem with no one. Charlie isn't talking to me and Me either. Now we were in the lockers getting dressed with our hockey gear. Connie did my hair in box braids making the helmet fit comfortably.

Every now and then the team would glance at me and Charlie. We made it obvious we weren't talking to each other. Each day I feel like the team is falling apart. But I'm not letting that happen anytime soon.

We got ready and skated to the ice. We were all in Warrior jerseys and I have to say It looks ugly. I felt like varsity with this jersey on. Orion was waiting for us.

"Gather around. Let's go, come on hustle up." Coach said. Gathering us closer to him.

"All right. Think defense. Hands in. Here we go". We all put our hands and starting quacking.

"Hey, Hey, hey! Knock it off. What the hell was that! Go team on three". He counted and we all said Go team.

"How original". Averman spoke.

"You read my mind Lester". I said.

We started playing and we were doing pretty good. The first 2 periods. But then 3rd we started slacking and they were catching up to us.

Charlie got sent to the penalty box cause he slammed his stick and broke it. The refs marked it as unsportsmenship. We were winning by one point but Charlie decided to take matters into his own hands and try to score another goal. But he got tripped and the other team took it and made a goal. Making us tied. And that's how the game ended.

We walked in the locker rooms gloomy. I just walked to my seat next to Connie and Julie and just sat down staring at the floor. Wondering why the fuck? It was our chance to prove Eden Hall we were capable of winning at least one game. But we couldn't even do that. I scored most of the points but that didn't seem to be enough.

We were all silent.

"The guy hooked me Alright". Charlie broke the silence.

"We didn't need anymore goals". Kenny said.

"Hey, listen, I was trying to win it". Charlie shot back. This kid was pretty heated at the moment. Wait till he sees how heated I can get.

"Leave Kenny alone". I spoke looking at Charlie. He just rolled his eyes. And preferred not to say anything knowing how I can get.

"Well mission accomplished". Averman also added on. Charlie shoved him. I was about to say something to defend my bestfriend but like always I get caught off.

"We let down simple as that". Guy said taking Charlie's attention from Averman to him.

"Hey, you let down. I played hard". Connie pushed guy out of the way.

"Yeah man no heart". Luis spoke.

"Well, What are we playing For anyways! Some stupid school, the alumni? I mean warriors? What the hell are we now?" Charlie was practically shouting. Astrid. Come down. Don't lash out. Don't hurt the kid. Don't hurt your boyfriend. Don't hurt the target. Simply don't. I tried to stay calm.

"Look man, we are on a scholarship I'm staying". Russ opposed Charlie's words.

"Fine sell out". Fulton butted in.