Chapter 3: Lateness||

Astrid's View:

I woke up and Julie was sound asleep. It was currently 7:30 and we enter class at 8:10. Since me and Julie take forever to get ready might as well wake her up. I got out of bed and went towards her bed.

"Jules wake up". She groaned and flipped to the other side. "Julie 'the cat' Gaffney if you don't wake up right now I swear I'm going to pour cold water on you". With that she jolted up quickly and rubbed her eyes.

"It's 7:30 Stellar..isn't it a bit too early?" She started calling me Stellar not too long ago. Same goes with the team. Since my Name Astrid 'the asteroid' Santos, Stellar fits with my name too.

"Come on Jules. Me and you both know you take a eternity to get ready. So the more earlier and the less days you will be late to class".

"Okay fine. You got me there. What will I ever do without you!" She dramatically said.

"Absolutely nothing. Nothing my dear". I said in the same response. We than started laughing at how extra we can be.

We than got ready. I was wearing high waisted mom jeans with a thin light pink wool sweater. It wasn't too hot nor too cold outside so I would be comfortable. I got my books and book bag and left with Julie.

//later In school//

I was in my 4th class and I had a extracurricular class. I read my schedule and sure enough it was Gymnastics. People call me crazy for doing a lot of activities. Like hockey, track and field, gymnastics and figure skating. Probably cause I don't like staying still.

I went in and there was about 20 people. 21 now.

I just hope this period could be over so I could go to lunch.

// In lunch//

It was now lunch and I was pretty hungry. I was in line by myself when Varsity decided to come and visit me. Or more like sucking my ass.

"Hey Santos. How you been babe?" Rick Riley said.

"Hi to you too Ms Riley. I've been good before you came along".

"Oh quit the act. We both know you want me".

"If I wanted to kill myself I would of climbed up your ego and jumped down to your IQ level." He looked taken back.

"Rough aren't we. Well I hope you and your duckies practice hard cause we all know we are going to win in the jv and varsity showdown. I hope to see you there". He tried to touch my hair but I slapped his hand away. He scoffed and left. But I noticed one person was still there. I looked up and my old time friend Scooter. Or Scott 'Scooter' Holland. Was still there. I realized who it was and hugged him. He hugged back. We pulled apart.

"Oh shit. Scotch tape I haven't seen you in so long. How have you been?" 

"I've been good Trixs. How are you? I haven't seen you since you were 10."

"I've been good too. I didn't know you were in Varsity".

"Yeah probably because you didn't recognize me. But I've heard you are in the Jv hockey team. As Co-captain." 

"Yeah. How you stand a team of ignorant suck up jocks. That got their nose way up their ass?" 

He laughed at my words before answering.