Chapter 7:Hans||

Astrid's View:

The next day I woke up early. Like around 5 and everyone was asleep. But I knew one place I knew I could go too. Hans Skate shop.

I got dressed in my high waisted jeans, boots, white shirt and a jean jacket. I left and walked over there. Enjoying the fresh air. Once I got there Hans was sitting on a chair. Sipping coffee and hearing the radio.

"Hans. I'm back". I told him. He looked up and saw me. He smiled. I walked over to him and hugged him.

"Lorraine it's nice to see you". He said.

"Hans, I literally come here almost everyday since I moved here." I joked around.

"I know. And I enjoy your company". He said but ended up coughing harshly.

"Hans are you ok? Do you want me to bring you water?" I was getting worried.

"Lorraine I already have my coffee. It's okay".

"But the water could help you more and it could refresh your throat a little. You sure you don't want to go see a doctor or something?"

"No Lorraine I'm okay."

"You sure?".

"Yes".

"Positive?"

"Positive".

I smiled at him. Still worried cause he would be coughing harshly every now and then. But I watched out.

I stayed for a while. For 5 hours to be exact. I had school so I had to leave. It was 10. I had class later. I told him everything that happened. And he told me similar events that happened to him. We listened quietly to each other.

"I have to go hans. I'll come back later if I can."

"Ok Lorraine. Get back safe ok. I'll see you later if I can". Something about what he said made me feel unsure. But I ignored the feeling. He coughed harshly while saying that.

"Before I go. I'm going to make you tea. And tuck you in bed. You aren't in conditions to open the shop today. Ok Hans?" I told him sternly.

"Ok Lorraine. Just like your grandma at times. When me, jans, and your grandpa Roy, your grandma Lorraine she would always looked after us. And if we didn't obey she would go all hysteric. So I'm not going to risk it". He chuckled.

I made him some tea. He drank it all and I helped him to his room. I tucked him in and he kissed my forehead.

"Ill see you later Lorraine. If I can". I hugged him tightly.

"Bye Hans". I kissed his forehead. I left to my dorm and got ready. I woke Luis up and Julie too.

(Later)

The day went simple and fast.

That's until I got the phone call during hockey practice.

It was Casey.

"Hello".

"Astrid". She said sobbing.

"Casey is everything alright?"

"Hans passed away". When she said that I dropped the phone and fell to my knees. The whole team stopped and looked at me confused. Coach Orion came to my side hearing everything.

Luis, Guy, And Averman skated to me when they say I was on the floor crying uncontrollably. Then the team followed.

"Stellar is everything okay?" Averman asked. Clearly worried.