Chapter 10: Scolarshpis Reinstated||

Astrid's View:

"Do I have motion of reconsideration?" Buckley told all the old man's with bald spots, others with no hair at all, or some with one of the most fucked up hairlines. He was literally sucking their ass. Probably the one with the least hair was Rylie's dad. Must have the same type of ugliness.

"I'm sorry coach, but unless there is a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand". Buckley told coach.

"You leave us no choice, but to bring in our attorney".

Then in walked Coach Bombay. I have to admit I was impressed that he had another job not involving hockey. He was a lawyer in fact. Who knew! Well I didn't. Charlie did know. And didn't care to tell me. But it's alright.

"Dean Buckley. Members of the board. As counsel for Coach Orion...and the freshman hockey team. I am here today to set forth your legal options, so that you may make the best possible decisions for all parties concerned." Bombay told Buckley.

"Mr.Bombay this isn't a legal proceeding". Buckley said confused at why Coach Bombay was here.

"Not yet, but I will assure you that it will be! Do you mind?" 

He than gave Buckley his case and opened it. And pulled out the scholarships.

"These scholarships, an offer. Became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients and acceptance by the Ducks. They cannot be voided except for cause which, I guarantee you, you have none. Should you decide to pursue their cancellation. I will slap you with an injunction. I will tie this matter up in court for years. Until long after these kids have gone on to college. And I will collect damages. And I will win. Because I am very, very good. You wanna know why I'm so good? Because I had good education. You have it to me. And your gonna give it to these kids". Coach Bombay explained. He was using big words I bet ya I can't even say myself. I could probably if I put effort to school but not happening. I am smart. I just decided to not use it in like a few business months. Or more like a few business years.

"He is good". Coach Orion whispered to Charlie and I. I didn't answer cause I didn't know this was one of his jobs in the first place. On one side the ducks were standing. And on the opposite side Varsity was standing. I was glaring at Cole and Riley. Cause they seem to be holding in a laughter.

"He's just getting started". Charlie answered. Rylie and Cole just snickered. I put my fist up pointing at them. They just rolled their eyes.

"Now some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that, these ducks don't belong at Eden Hall. Let me tell you, you are dead wrong. These are remarkable young people. You give them their full shot and I promise you they will succeed. Not only on ice but on the classrooms as well". He stopped for a bit to look at me. I shrugged my shoulders. He knows I don't like school. But he always told me deep down he knew I had it in me. That if I put my bad girl act away I could possibly get into the best colleges. But I don't know. "These people are my friends and I know they can do it. Accordingly, I demand you reinstate their scholarships for their benefit and for your own". He finished.

"I move that the scholarships be reinstated". One of the board members say.

"Is there a second?" Buckley told the board members. They mumbled and began to raise their hands. All of them.

"Scholarships Reinstated". Buckley said. The ducks cheered. The meetings as over. And everyone in the room started leaving.

I kissed Charlie cheek. He took my hand and interlaced it with his. He smile cheekily at me.

"For Hans Charlie". Banks told Charlie. Bank came back to the team. Not too long ago.

"I've got some business in Chicago but I'll be back soon..if you and Definitely you need anything give me a call". Coach Bombay told me and Charlie. He knows he'll be back because of my problems or pranks or calls or suspension or...you get the point. Because he knows I won't stay clear of it. I smiled and hugged him. He then left. Me and the team were left right outside the entrance of the room were the meeting was held at.

"We did it guys". I turned around to the team. "Now all I need to do is take care of business". I was starting to walk towards varsity before the team pulled me back.

"Fighting won't solve anything". Kenny told me.

"Plus we just got our scholarships back". Russ said.

"Maybe you could get them back another time, instead of today?" Averman told me.

"And will you help me?" I asked Averman. He chuckled and nodded.

"Okay than". I huffed.

"I swear you are a train. Always huffing and stuff". Goldberg said. I rolled my eyes. I was about to respond before I was cut off by someone talking behind me.

"Congratulations on destroying our school". Rylie said behind me. I turned around and sure enough mama pig and her piglets were right behind Him.

"Congratulations on being a little bi-". Dwayne put his hands in my mouth before saying anything that I will regret. I wouldn't regret it though. I'd actually enjoy it. But whatever.

"Hey look it's our school too".

"It's everyone's school you stupid jock". Fulton said.

"No it will never be your school. Don't you get that? You're our own little affirmative action, brought in for color to entertain us. But you couldn't even do that. Your fancy lawyer kept you in technically, but you'll never belong, you'll never be anything anymore than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride". Riley spat.

"Free ride? Look at you rich boy! Mommy and daddy gave you everything huh?" Russ said.

"What do you think you are talking about? Free ride my ass? Your dad must of sucked other old mans ass so that you can get where you are right now."

"What about you huh? Heard who your precious little daddy and mommy was! You are just like us but just hanging around with a bunch of losers. Also heard your daddy came to Eden Hall too huh? Benjamin Santos. Yeah I know who he was. Even your grandpa who came here too. Roy Santos. But never ended up making the big league did he?" Rylie taunted. I tried to hold back my cool.

"Shouldn't be talking. My grandpa Roy didn't make it to the big league only cause he let your grandpa Sid have his place. Your grandpa was the one struggling and needed it more than my grandpa did. Why do you think you are here now? Bragging about the cool stuff you have." I was going to throw all the facts before Charlie wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me close to him. I calmed down. And Riley began to speak again.

"Jv-Varsity's game on Friday. Than we'll show the whole school what a joke you really are. Then maybe you'll leave on your own. It's be the only honorable thing you'd do. And for you Santos, I'm ready to take you down". I rolled my eyes. I confirm now that I hate him more than Cole.

"You know we're going to hurt you?" Come threatened.

"Listen, you guys had an unfair advantage last time. You had one of us, Banksie." Charlie spoke.

"Oh well keep him. He never had the heart of a warrior anyway". Riley spat.

"Hey one more thing. After we beat you, the warriors die and the ducks fly". Russ said.

"Hey anything you say, loser". He said and began to walk a way with varsity

"Good move Russ. Astrid I told you can tell them off another time. Make them even madder. ". Averman told me and Russ. We shrugged our shoulders and high fived.

"Charlie, we gotta do something man". Goldberg said concerned. First time Heard him worry.

"Yeah you're right. We gotta get to work..let's go guys".

We made our way to the ice rink not practice. All the practice we needed in the world.

If we were going to beat these dumbasses may as well work hard for it.

Thank god we didn't get kicked out. I was going to let it happen either ways.

Scholarships reinstated Babeeeyyy.