Chapter 11:Look like ducks||

Astrid's View:

We were in the ice rink. All of us kneeling formed in a circle facing coach. He had a trash can by his side.

"All right, I've been doing my homework's on varsity, I'm not going to lie. They are good. They wiped your faces in the dirt last time was no fluke. So, if you want your pride back, you better be willing to work". Orion suggested. 

"One, two. There's nothing more glamorous about it, in the pro's we call it blue collar hockey. Now, there's one thing varsity does very well. Their vultures around the net, they pick up every loose piece of trash. So if you want to win...".

Orion then got the trash can and got all the garbage that was inside and dropped it all on the ice. It smelled like ass. Pure disgust.

"You're going to have to pick up the trash". Orion said.

Averman got a piece of bagel.

"Got any cream cheese?" Averman asked.

"I thought iceberg here was cream cheese boy". I joked to Goldberg who was right next to me.

"Hey!" He slightly pushed me.

Coach put all the trash outside the goal. And we had to use our hockey sticks to put all the trash away.

"Nice going Ted". I told coach. I was standing right next to him. He was watching the team do all their work.

"Coach Orion". He corrected me.

"Ok ted- I mean Coach Orion". He chuckled. I went back to doing the little work coach made us do.

When we were done. Coach blew his whistle.

"Let's go! Over here! Grab a knee!" Coach yelled.

"What did Astrid do this time?" Adam said.

"Fight me". I joked. I pushed banks slightly.

"I'm better than you. So I can't do that".

"Better? How so?"

"In hockey".

"Calm your guts. We both know I was and am better than you cake eater."

"I am the better one."

"Sike. You really thought. Charlie babe come over here. Who's better at hockey? Me or Adam?" Charlie skated over to us.

"Sorry Banksie. But Astrid is better. By speed, agility, doesn't fall easily. Want to hear more?"

"No. You only say that cause you guys are together. We are going to settle this Santos". Adam joked.

" fine by me cake eater". We shook hands playfully and went over to Coach.

"You guys aren't playing like warriors!" Coach said.

"Thank god. Honestly i didn't even want to be on-" Coach looked at me and I had to shut my mouth.

"You look like something else". He paused and grabbed a jersey from the box. It's our duck jerseys. "You look like ducks".

We all cheered.

"Quack, Quack, Quack". We chanted.

After practice, me and Charlie hung out in the diner his mom works in.

"Charlie there's something I need to tell you?"

"What is it? Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine. But after you left coach named me Captain". I squeezed my eyes shut. Waiting for his reaction. Instead he held my hands and rubbed them gently. I opened my eyes.

"Babe. I'm not mad. I'm proud. You deserve it way more than I do. You worked hard and that's your reward darling." I kissed him.

"I thought you would feel some kind of way. But thanks Conway."

"So now I can call you captain".

"I may quit the position after the match with varsity. I feel like it's your place not mine. I like the name of co captain or assistant captain. It goes more with me".

"You don't have to, you know that."

"I know. But you had that role for way longer than I did. Plus calling you captain is more Fun". I smirked. " you know. We can go to your place. That's if you'd like".

"Of course. My mom won't be home in like 5 hours".

We were leaving but before stopped by to tell Casey we were leaving. She nodded and said bye. Charlie's step brother was with Charlies step dad doing god knows what.

We hung out all day.