1.

1: first time at lux

☆☆

Lux was a place Delilah never dreamed of entering, especially in a loose white dress paired with a leather jacket and black heels. She thought the only way she would step into that building was if she was wearing a jacket that read LAPD Medical Examiner.

Yet, here she was, standing with her friends, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

"Are you actually nervous, Dil?" Her friend, Taylor, asked her.

"Are you not?" She retorted, meeting her friend's eyes who only responded with a shrug. Delilah sighed and stuffed her hands into the pockets of the jacket.

Around them, younger women dressed scantily clad in small dresses and high, 6-inch heels, murmured and whispered about the mysterious man who owns the nightclub.

"My friend said it was the best sex she ever had," a brunette in front of her practically yelled.

"God, I hope he takes me. That sounds like a dream. I don't even care if it's a one night stand," another said.

Delilah's eyes widened and she turned to look at Taylor who was stifling a laugh. "Who the hell is this guy?" She mumbled to her friend.

Taylor managed to subdue her laughter to give Delilah an answer. "His name's Lucifer Morningstar. Apparently he's the hottest thing you'll ever lay your eyes on."

"I doubt that, honestly. The hottest thing I've ever laid my eyes on is that pizza from Oliver's in New York," Delilah joked. Taylor laughed and smacked her arm.

"Dil, what if he comes up to you?" She asked her.

Delilah let out a loud guffaw, gaining the attention of the people around her. Quickly, she cleared her throat and regained her composure. "Nobody's coming up to me, Tay. Trust me."

"Well, why not?! You look hot!"

Delilah rolled her eyes as the pair stepped forward in line. "Hardly."

Taylor didn't respond but sighed at her best friend who had always been insecure.

The two had been friends since Delilah moved to LA a couple years ago. Currently, Taylor and Delilah lived in a decent apartment towards downtown Los Angeles. It was a nice neighborhood but the rent was mostly paid by Delilah. She didn't mind, though. She didn't go through medical school for nothing.