4.

4: punch your teeth out

☆☆

"Delilah!" Lucifer shouted, stepping into the ME lab. The room was clean and smelled strongly of chemicals but the woman was nowhere to be found. "Delilah!" Lucifer called out again.

Delilah was sat in her office, earbuds in, listening to whatever music was on her phone.

After her encounter was Lucifer, she became embarrassed and ashamed of herself. The fact that it was revealed to her coworkers that she went clubbing and had already met with the ever-so-charming Lucifer Morningstar made her feel awful. She didn't want them to think of her as easy or sleazy. They probably thought she had sex with him. A one night stand.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the door to her office flew open. "Delilah!"

The ME tore out her earbuds and looked up to find who had called her. Lucifer stood at the door, hands in his pants pockets.

"Uh, Lucifer, what are you doing?" Delilah stammered out.

"I wanted to talk to you, of course."

She gestured to a seat in front of her desk and he gladly took it, crossing one leg over the over. "Why'd you want to talk to me?"

"If my memory serves me correct, our last conversation was cut off by that pesky human you call a friend," he remarked.

Delilah gave him a confused look at the way he said 'human' as if he wasn't one. She shook her head and leaned it on a palm. "Still. Why do you want to talk to me out of all people?"

"Well, my dear, you're simply interesting to talk with. Your beauty is another bonus," Lucifer flirted, leaning in to Delilah. "Tell me, Delilah, what is it you desire?"

Delilah stared into Lucifer's eyes for a moment, captured by his charm for a second. The deep brown, almost black eyes drew her in but that time was short lived.

"What are you doing?" She asked, sighing.

Lucifer was taken aback for a moment, shocked that his charm didn't work on Delilah. She was like Chloe in that she was immune and he briefly wondered if she would make him vulnerable.

"What do you desire most, love?" Lucifer tried again.

"Seriously, if this is your way of getting in my pants, it's not working in the slightest bit. I'm not easy."

"Well that is certainly true."

Lucifer leaned back in the chair watching as Delilah shuffled papers around on her desk, signing a few of them.

"Lucifer, look, you're nice, you're attractive, but I'm sure you have 100 women waiting on you at home. Why are you so interested in me?" Delilah said, slamming down her pen.

"I'll have you know, Ms. Ilchester, I have nobody waiting on me. I have been trying to find you, my dear. It seems as though I've become momentarily obsessed with you."

"That's totally not creepy at all," she muttered.

Lucifer followed Delilah as she walked around her office, pulling out files and grabbing papers from them. While she was turned away, Lucifer stood up from the chair and moved behind her. Placing two hands on her waist, he turned her around.

Delilah let out a squeak as she was pushed into the filing cabinets.

"Go to dinner with me, tonight," Lucifer said in a deep voice.

Delilah would be lying if she said she wasn't the tiniest bit aroused. "I-I-I get off at 6," she told him.

"Perfect. Meet me at Lux at 7."

With that, Lucifer let go of Delilah and walked away but not before sending a wink her way. She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in. "Holy fuck."

☆☆

"Taylor!" Delilah shouted into her phone. "Focus!"

"Sorry, sorry. Just, I mean, it's Lucifer Morningstar! Do you know how many people would kill to be in your position?" Her best friend's voice came over the phone.

"I don't want to be in this position, Tay! This is horrifying."

"Why are you scared?!"

"You know why, Tay! Besides, what if it's a bad date and then we have to work alongside each other?!"

Delilah was more nervous and scared than she would admit. Sure, it was nice talking to him on Saturday because she didn't know she'd see him at her work. She thought she wasn't going to have to see him again.

"Delilah, I swear to God, if you don't loosen up and realize that this could be actually awesome, I will drive there and knock your damn teeth out."

The blonde chuckled at her friends words but knew she was serious.

"Okay, fine, I'll go. But you better stay on your phone all night. Lord knows I'm going to need back up," Delilah said with a loud sigh.

"I'll be on deck the whole night. If it goes bad, I'll swoop in and pick you up. Run over the plans with me again."

"So I leave work at 6, go home, change, and then I'm supposed to meet him at 7 at Lux," Delilah said. "I thought I was never gonna have to go there again."

"Are you going to have sex with him?" Taylor blurted out.

Delilah's breath hitched in her throat and she coughed. "Taylor!"

"What?! It's a serious question."

Delilah sighed but thought about it. It's not like she didn't have experience but she never had sex on the first date. Wait. Date? This is a date isn't it?

"How about this? If it goes super well and it leads there, then it leads there. Otherwise, it's not happening."

"Of course it's gonna go super well, Dil! Why wouldn't it?"

"Well, with the way you're talking, we sound super different and he's crazy out of my league."

"Okay, that's it. I'm driving down there. Be ready to have your teeth knocked out."

"Bet."

"Bet."

With that, Taylor hung up the phone, leaving Delilah to honestly wonder if she was going to drive down to her work. She wouldn't.

Would she?

☆☆

kinda short chapter compared to the others but yeah!

lucifer and delilah are going on a date!

woop woop!