9.

9: beach date

9: beach date. or not.

☆☆

After Lucifer left Delilah's office, she immediately called Taylor, telling her all the details.

"Fuck him this time!" Taylor shouted into the phone.

Delilah's cheeks flushed bright pink. "Taylor," she said, dragging out the last syllable.

"I know, I know, Dil."

Before Delilah left for work, Lucifer had sent her the details for the date in a text that almost made her squeal with giddiness.

Good evening, love. I'll
be at your house at 8.
Wear something comfortable.
If you'd like, bring a
swimsuit. I'm sure you'd
look wonderful. ♡

From the message, Delilah had figured they were going to the beach and immediately got excited.

She loved the beach and everything about it. She hadn't been swimming in a while even though she really enjoyed it. Because of her job and relatively busy life, she didn't have the time too. But she always remembered going to the beach with her parents back when she was a little kid.

Delilah eventually got home at 6:30 and Taylor was already all over her, asking questions about the date.

"Where are you going?!" Taylor shouted, pulling Delilah into the room by her arms.

"I'm not too sure, Tay. I think the beach. He just texted me to dress comfortable and bring a swimsuit."

"Wear the pink one!" Taylor exclaimed, further dragging Delilah into her bedroom.

Taylor started to shuffle through Delilah's clothes, picking out her outfit. She threw a pink, high-waisted bikini at Delilah, followed by a loose pair of denim shorts. Before Delilah could speak, she had a pink, satin tank top thrown her way.

"Why so much pink?" Delilah managed to ask.

"Because you look super cute in pink! It's a romance color, babe!"

Delilah only chuckled and shook her head, beginning to take off her makeup.

"Are you gonna put any back on?" Taylor asked.

"No, why would I? It's the beach. It's hot. It's sweaty," Delilah answered with a shrug.

"Alright, respect. He'd still probably swoon over you anyways."

"Shut up, Taylor."

"I'm not kidding, Dil! This is your second date with the man! He has to he interested in you if he's working this hard to spend time with you."

Delilah took Taylor's words into consideration. If Lucifer only wanted a one night stand, he wouldn't have wanted a 2nd date. Unless he's desperate. But why would he be?

"See, you're thinking about it. I'm not wrong," Taylor shouted once again.

"Shut up," Delilah grumbled.

Taylor didn't shut up, instead, she kept ranting about how Lucifer is probably in love with Delilah and that she should kiss him and make out with him. Delilah blocked her out, focusing on getting dressed.

She took her hair down from her ponytail and combed out the waves. Her face was completely bare of makeup but she didn't care if she had it on or not.

She threw on Taylor's outfit, but stared at her body in the mirror. She was slender, decently thin but has a little, what she called pudge, around her hips. Taylor commented on how her butt and boobs were the "perfect" size but Delilah didn't really know what that meant.

Around 7:30, Delilah was done and sat on the couch, waiting for Lucifer to pick her up.

The clock hit 7:45 and her nerves were absolutely shot. Then another 10 minutes passed. She could've swore she heard his car pull up outside her apartment complex but when she went to look, there was no car.

"When's he supposed to pick you up?" Taylor asked, coming to sit next to Delilah on the couch.

"8," Delilah answered with a somber expression.

"What time is it now?"

"8:10."

"Maybe he's late?" Taylor offered.

"Maybe."

Then another 10 minutes passed. And another.

"He's not coming," Delilah said with a short laugh.

"Traffic?"

"Tay, he drives a freakin' sports car. I don't think traffic matters to him."

Delilah gave up on the idea of going on a date with Lucifer and moved to her bedroom, stripping the clothes off and changing into a pair of cotton shorts, an oversized shirt, and pulled her hair into a messy bun.

She wasn't going to cry over the date. That was stupid. Sure, she got excited and she got dressed up. She was happy that she could make up for the embarrassment that was last night.

But she's been through things like this before. She's been stood up plenty of times.

But for some idiotic and stupid reason, this one hit her harder.

Maybe it's because Taylor got her hopes up about Lucifer genuinely wanting to spend time with her. Maybe it was because she knew that he didn't expect sex from her like most men. He was a gentleman.

But here she was, now eating popsicles and binging The Office.

Her door slowly creaked open and Taylor stood there, dressed in an outfit similar to Delilah's with more popsicles in her hand.

"You okay, Dil?" Taylor asked, moving to sit on her bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Tay. Not like I haven't been through this before."

"You don't sound okay."

Delilah wondered for a moment if she really was okay with the fact that Lucifer never picked her up.

"I mean, I'm sad. I'm kind of angry. Disappointed, definitely," Delilah admitted. "I'm just gonna hide out in my office tomorrow and pray to God that he doesn't come in. Kinda ironic, ain't it? Praying to God that I don't see Lucifer."

"Hey, did you really wanna go on a date with the Devil?"

Delilah laughed and shook her head, laying her head on Taylor's shoulder. Taylor wrapped an arm around Delilah's shoulders, providing her with warmth. She smiled and thought that she didn't need some stupid, rich man when she had her best friend.

☆☆

welp....

lucifers a dumb bitch