19.

19: jason gordon

19: jason gordon

☆☆

Monday morning had eventually rolled around and Delilah was back to work, doing autopsies and toxicology reports, wearing those hideous scrubs. 

She plucked off her gloves after completing another test, stretching out her body for the first time in about two hours. 

The lab felt a little quiet without Lucifer in his normal seat, cracking jokes and constantly asking questions about what she was doing. She knew that he had left with Chloe to follow up on a lead about a case they had been working on. Of course he didn't leave without letting her know and he had planted a sweet kiss on her lips before going out, much to Chloe and Ella's surprise. They announced their relationship to the pair, as well as Dan. 

Suddenly, she heard a knock at the door, taking Delilah out of her daze. She went to answer the door and when she pulled it open, Ella stood there, twirling some keys around her finger. "Chloe and your boo found a new body downtown. We gotta go."

Delilah rolled her eyes and shook her head playfully before retreating into the lab to gather some items. Once she filled her bags with anything she might need, the two headed off towards downtown LA. 

"So, you and Lucifer? Spill all the beans," Ella said as she left the police station. 

Delilah laughed, taking a sip of her water. "I mean, we had a really nice date on Saturday. I kissed him when he dropped me off at my apartment. We went out for breakfast the next morning, kissed a little more, we went to his penthouse, kissed some more, and he just randomly asked me to be his girlfriend."

"You know, I really didn't think he'd be the type to settle down but I'm proud of him, y'know? You two are really cute," Ella said innocently. 

While Ella didn't mean to make Delilah a little insecure, she couldn't help but think of Lucifer's life before he had met her. New men and women each night, frequent orgies and sex parties. She wondered if he would tire of her and want the old life back. She wasn't exciting. She didn't enjoy crowded places or parties. Hell, she didn't even drink. 

Obviously Lucifer didn't want his old life back. He loved who he was with Delilah but she didn't know that. There was always that nagging fear in the back of her head. She was way more comfortable with touches and kisses but the idea of being truly intimate with him scared her more than she liked to admit. 

She thought, eventually, he would expect it and he'd be annoyed if she wouldn't have sex with him. Of course, Lucifer was more than willing to wait and when it did happen, he would ensure Delilah is completely and truly comfortable. 

"Hey, Delilah?" Ella asked, breaking Delilah out of her thoughts. "We're here."

"Already?" Man, she must've completely spaced out. 

The two girls hopped out, Delilah throwing on her navy blue windbreaker and some gloves. Ella took out her camera bag and handed Delilah her case of materials. She mumbled a thanks before following the forensic scientist into a small home roped off with yellow caution tape. Police officers were buzzing around as they normally do. 

She spotted Lucifer and Chloe speaking with a police officer before they turned around to greet the two women. 

"Hello, my dear Delilah," Lucifer greeted, pulling the girl in for a quick kiss. She smiled against the kiss before pulling away to look at the body.

And then, Delilah wished she had stayed in Lucifer's grasp a little longer. When she looked down at the body, she could've passed out. 

Lying in front of her, stab marks littering his body, was a police officer she had met years ago in New York. He looked almost the exact same, save for his tussled hair and the blood spread everywhere. 

"Oh my God," she squeaked out, covering her mouth with her hands. 

"Why are we speaking of my father, dear?" Lucifer asked, oblivious to Delilah's distress. Finally, he noticed her shaking body and her wide eyes. "Do you know who this is?"

"H-H-He's a-a pol-lice," Delilah managed to stutter out, not making much sense. 

"Take your time, Delilah," Chloe said, appearing next to Delilah. The detective turned Delilah's body away from the horrible sight and sat her down outside. "Who is that, hun?"

Delilah took a deep breath, wrapping her arms around herself as some sort of comfort. "I-I-I met him in New Y-York. His name's J-Jason Gordon. P-Police officer. I-I-I think he was at precinct 88 unless h-he moved."

"How'd you meet him?" Chloe questioned again, placing a comforting hand on her back. Lucifer had come out of the room, worried about his newly claimed girlfriend. 

Delilah couldn't answer the question, she only let out a loud sob, burying her head in her knees. Chloe looked back at Lucifer with concern. 

"It's okay, Delilah. Lucifer's gonna take you home, okay?" Chloe said softly. 

Delilah meekly nodded, slightly raising her head to look for her boyfriend. When she finally found him, she held out her hands as if she were a small child, wishing to be picked up and held. Lucifer immediately complied, wanting to do anything to help Delilah.

He helped the woman up by her hands and pulled her in for a tight hug. She sniffled but wrapped her arms around him with a desperate grip on his suit jacket. 

"Come on, love. Let's go home."

He pulled away but didn't leave her untouched. Lucifer placed a warm, firm hand on her waist, bringing her as close as possible. He didn't have to read her mind to know she didn't want to be alone. He contemplated bringing her to his penthouse but he figured Taylor would be helpful during this. 

And so, Delilah left behind the body of one of the few men she had ever truly trusted and one of the few people who truly knew her story, clutching onto Lucifer's arm as a lifeline.