14.

14: morning after

14: morning after

☆☆

The next morning, Delilah woke up with her face nuzzled into the crook of Lucifer's neck. Her mental clock had woke her up at her normal waking time but Lucifer was still softly sleeping underneath her. Their legs were impossibly tangled and Lucifer's hands were carefully holding her closer to him. 

A soft smile came to Delilah's face as she realized that she was actually cuddling with Lucifer. She would've never though something like this would've happened anytime soon.

But then her phone went off with her first alarm set at 7:00 AM, effectively waking up the man. 

He stretched out his arm and grabbed her phone on the coffee table to turn it off before returning his grip on Delilah.

"Good morning, love," he said in a soft voice that made her swoon. He looked down at Delilah with a smile on his face.

"Mornin'," she mumbled, looking up to him then burying her face back into his neck.

"I believe you have to get ready for work, darling."

Delilah said something inaudible before reluctantly pushing herself up, sliding to the side of the couch. She stretched out her arms and let out a large yawn that Lucifer thought was absolutely adorable.

"Do you want me to drive you to the precinct?" He offered, rising from his spot. 

"You'll have to drive me back, Lu. You don't have to do that," Delilah answered.

"I insist, Delilah."

"If you say so."

Delilah stood up from the couch, making her way into the bathroom. While in there, she splashed cold water on her face, effectively waking her up. She did some other things before walking out. Much to Delilah's delight, Taylor had woken up and staggered into the living room. 

Delilah is a much more pleasant sight to wake up to. Poor thing looked like she crawled out of a grave, Lucifer thought to himself.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," Delilah joked, watching as Taylor slowly but surely put on some coffee.

"Shut up. Not all of us can look like a princess when we wake up," Taylor quipped.

"She is right," Lucifer said, making Delilah raise an eyebrow. "You do look like a princess when you wake up."

Delilah's cheeks flared bright red as she quickly went into the kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee.

"Aw!" Taylor gushed. "That was so cute! Look how red she is, Lucifer!"

Lucifer let out a deep chuckle that made Delilah's heart flutter. Man, she loved his laugh. 

"Shut up," she grumbled, taking a large gulp of her coffee. "I'm going to go get dressed. I should be ready in like 20 minutes, Lu."

"Sounds good to me, love."

Before Taylor could point out her blushing any more, she went into her room, shutting and locking the door behind her. 

Back in the living room, Taylor had taken a seat on the kitchen counter, turned so she was facing Lucifer. It was silent for a few moments before she spoke up. "What do you want with Delilah?"

Lucifer cocked his head to look at Taylor. "What do you mean?"

"Like, do you just really wanna have sex with her? Best friends, maybe?"

He thought for a moment. "I want more," he answered simply. 

"So...you like her? Like like-like?" Taylor asked, sounding as if she was in middle school. 

"I-I-I don't know. I've never had such a strong connection with someone before," Lucifer answered. 

"Well, look, Luci," Taylor started quietly, while also deciding that they were now on a nickname basis," I don't know what your intentions with her are, but she's been through some stuff and she hasn't liked anyone in a while. But she really likes you."

Inside Delilah's bedroom, she was full of giddiness. She couldn't believe she had fell asleep in the arms of someone last night, let alone someone she actually liked.

Realizing she had to get to work soon, Delilah threw on a pair of dark blue jeans, a plain white shirt, and her blue LAPD windbreaker, deciding to go simple and casual today. She didn't bother with makeup but brushed out the knots in her hair and slipped on a pair of white sneakers before going back out. 

"You should take her on another date this weekend," Taylor told Lucifer. 

"What would she like? I want it to be perfect," he said.

Taylor thought for a moment. "She doesn't look like the type of person who would like amusement parks, but she loves them. Disneyland, Six Flags, Universal, all of it."

"Hey guys."

Taylor and Lucifer's heads snapped to Delilah. "Hey," they said simultaneously. 

"What were you talking about?" She asked, grabbing her bag off the counter and getting it prepared for the work day. 

"The movie last night," Taylor expertly lied, shooting a glare to Lucifer when he opened his mouth. "Hey, didn't Disneyland get a new attraction?"

"Oh, yeah, they did! It's some new ride but I really wanna go back to Universal Studios," Delilah answered, confused but not bothering to ask Taylor why she had been asking about amusement parks. She simply shrugged and stuffed a granola bar in her bag.

"You don't need that, dear. I was going to take you to breakfast before we go to the precinct," Lucifer said. Delilah raised her brows with a small smile on her face. "You have a full hour before you have to be there. Let me treat you."

Taylor watched the scene with an amused smile, knowing she had slightly hinted to Lucifer the idea of taking her out to eat.

"That sounds good, Lu!" Delilah told him excitedly. 

"Well, if you truly want to go, we should leave now, darling."

"Okay," Delilah said, slinging her bag over shoulder. Quickly, Lucifer moved to take it off her shoulder and hold it, always the gentleman. "See ya later, Tay!"

"Bye, Dil!"

And with that, Lucifer and Delilah left her apartment but not before Lucifer placed a gentle hand on her waist to which Delilah gladly accepted with a smile.