connor | midnight babble

"Connor, go to bed.." You mutter out, eyes closed as your lover rubs his synthetic nose against your human one.

It was about eleven at night and you and your boyfriend just got into bed after a long case that brought you two nowhere. You were now utterly exhausted, sleep deprived, and now you have to deal with your restless boyfriend.

The android gently ran his fingers through your hair, a soft smile on his lips as he watches you and your tired state. He found it quite adorable, not exactly realising that you havent gotten jack sleep in a while. His movements can and are lulling you to sleep.

"Androids cannot sleep, though they can power off. Which I have done many times, to fit in with your nature of rest in the late afternoon. All of which, you have witnessed." Connor stated matter-a-factly, in a soothing and hushed tone.

"Connor.. Its like, five in the morning.." You mumble, "Now, if you dont fucking sleep, I'm going to shut you down.. Myself..." You tried your best to speak to Connor thoroughly, though you were still half asleep.

"It is actually eleven fifteen in the aft--" Connor began, but was cut off by a gentle bap to his cheek, blinking in confusion for a minute, before he focused back on you.

Your eyes were open now, half lidded and filled with tiredness. Connor smiled warmly, glad that he finally got your eyes open. Your beautiful eye/color eyes made his robotical heart flutter, and his blue blood pump.

"Ok, smartass. I'm awake now, what do you want?" You were still quite oblivious to anything else around you, which was just a darkened room.

Connor held a soft gaze into your eyes for a moment, before gently nuzzling his face into your hair/length hair/color hair, breathing in your strawberry scent. "I love you." He whispered into your ear, which made your face heat up upon hearing him.

"Really? You made me open my eyes for that?" You let out a soft giggle, earning a whole hearted chuckle from him. You placed a gentle kiss to the side of his neck, closing your eyes yet again. "I love you too, you dork."

Connor let you have your rest, his arms rapped around you as your face nuzzled his chest gently. His eyes closed as well, but he enjoyed the comfort with a smile on his face. His hands never left your hair, it was just so soothing. Not just to you, but to Connor.

And like that, you fell asleep.