Chapter 21

Adasyn

Rick being the good guy at heart, and the fact that the two used to be best friends weighing on his mind, wasn't able to just leave Shane behind. So after preforming some crazy stunt to get him free from that bus and get out of there, we were now pulled over and the two men were in the process of getting Randall tied up and back in the trunk.

After what seemed like hours I could see Rick and Shane standing a few feet in front of the car but neither of them seeming to be in any hurry to get back to it. I started feeling even more light headed and I knew something was wrong. I managed to get the door open, and started towards them.

"Rick," My weak voice called out as the dots completely took over my vision. The sharp thud of concrete and the sound of Rick's voice calling my name was the last thing I remembered.

Ashlynn

I rushed outside along with everyone else as the little green car raced up the driveway, letting everyone know that Rick, Shane and Ady were back. Lori rushed to Rick and tried to greet him but he shoved her away in a panic, swinging the back door open. I immediately got a bad feeling in my gut and my fears came to life as he pulled a limp Adasyn from the back seat. She was covered in blood and I couldn't tell if it was hers or not. The left side of her face was extremely bruised and her lip was busted from what I could tell off of first glance.

"Ady," I cried, racing off the porch and over to Rick. He looked pale, and terrified as he looked down at her. "Is she alive?" I asked once I got close enough. "Is she alive, Rick!?"

"I--I don't, I don't know."

I grabbed her wrist and felt for a pulse. "There's one there but it's weak. Someone get Herschel now! Rick I need you to take her in the house, I - I can't carry her."

He nodded, still looking star struck and I rubbed a hand across her cheek. "Day, wake up. You can't leave me, I need you to wake up."

Nothing.

"What tha' hell is goin on up h-"

Daryl stopped dead in his tracks as he got a glimpse of Adasyn in Rick's arm and his face paled a little as he raced over to us. "What tha' hell'd ya do to her!?" He shouted, gently taking Ady out of Rick's arms. "Where's tha' old man!? Ashlynn why ya just standin there! Y'all gotta come help her, why the hell ain't nobody doin nothin!"

Herschel appeared just after Daryl got the sentence out of his mouth and gave directions to him on where to take her in the house, and what to do with her once we got there. I followed behind the two, in a complete daze and trying to get myself together. I've already lost one sister. I can't loose this one.

Adasyn

My eyes slowly fluttered open, only to be met by a dim light shining from the corner. I groaned a bit, a shit ton of pain flooding through my body, making itself more aware the more conscious I became. I started to feel movement in my hands, a tingling sensation spreading across them. I looked down to see if my fingers were moving as I thought they were, and only then did I notice the butterfly needle stuck in my hand, attached to the IV hanging on the bed post above me.

"The hell?" I croaked out, my voice cracking and hoarse.

I attempted to snatch the needle from my hand but a warm grip grabbed my fingers, stopping me from doing so. "Not so fast."

I jumped at the contact and saw those gorgeous blue eyes staring back into mine. Daryl. I relaxed a little knowing for sure now that I was on the farm and leaned back against the pillow.

"What're you doin in here?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged, running his thumb across his lower lip as he sat down gently on the edge of the bed. "You kept an eye on me when I was hurt, till I ran ya out tha' room. Figured I'd repay tha' favor. I can leave now if ya want."