Chapter 35

Perobably gonna be a lot of POV changes in the beginning guys

Daryl

I stood with my back turned to Merle while he took a piss, looking around at all the trees. I felt ..dead inside. Since the moment I decided to leave her, it was like everything in me just shut down. "There ain't nothin' out here but mosquitoes and ants," I mumbled bitterly.

"Patience, little brother. Sooner or later a squirrel is bound ta scurry across yer' path."

"Even so, that ain't much food."

"More than nothin'."

"I'd have better luck going through one of them houses we passed back on tha' turn off."

"Is that what yer new friends taught you, hmm? How ta' loot fer' booty?"

"Why don't we find a stream, try and catch some fish?"

Merle chuckled, shaking his head as he approached my side. "I think yer' just trying to lead me back to tha' road, man. Get me over to that prison."

"They got shelter," I said, leaning back against the nearest tree. "Food. A pot ta' piss in. Might not be a bad idea."

"For you, maybe. Ain't gone be no damn party for me."

"Everyone will get used ta' each other."

He sighed, looking over at me. "They're all dead baby brother. Makes no different."

Just the thought of Ady being dead made me wanna puke, but the thought of me more or less leaving her to die? Man, it was drivin' me crazy.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked, trying to keep my hope alive.

"Right about now he's probly hostin' a housewarmin' party, where he's gone bury what's left of yer' pals. Even that pretty little girlfriend of yers."

I gritted my teeth,squeezing my eyes shut tightly, pushing images out of my head. It was takin' all of myself control not to run right back to her. Back to the prison, to my family.

"Let's hook some fish."

Adasyn

"You said you found this guy Tyreese's group here?" Glenn asked Carl, pointing to a spot on the chalk map he had drawn. Carl nodded and Glenn gritted his teeth. "We secured this."

"He thinks they came in through here," Carl said, pointing to a different spot.

"Means there's another breach," I mumbled.

"Okay," Glenn sighed. "Looks like the whole front of the prison isn't secure. If it was easy for a group of walkers to stumble in, it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

"Why are we even so sure he's gonna attack?" Beth asked. "Maybe you scared him off."

"He had fish tanks full of heads," Michonne cut in. "Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming."

"We should hit him now," Glenn suggested.

"What?" Beth asked, looking at him like he was an idiot.

"He won't be expecting it," I agreed, stepping forward. "We'll sneak back in, put a bullet right in his head."

Carol shook her head, "we're not assassins."

"You know where his apartment is," I said, turning to Michonne. "You, Glenn and I - we could end this tonight."

Ashlynn stepped forward, "if you think I'm letting you leave this prison, you're stupid."

"If you think you're going to stop me then you're an idiot," I spat.